Linked to EAHP Statements: Section 1: Introductory Statements and Governance
ACPE UAN: 0475-0000-16-002-L04-P. A knowledge based activity.
Healthcare has changed more over the last 50 years than at any other time in history. The convergence of the hypothetical-deductive scientific approach, advances in disciplines such as chemistry, biology, genetics, imaging to name but a few in a fast evolving information technology age is about to change the landscape of health beyond recognition. Not unusually from an historical perspective, most of the influences conveying these changes do not originate from health care providers.
Access to information and to technologies (e.g. to measure health parameters) is increasingly open to any citizen, who tends to be increasingly involved as their own "physician". This trend will continue and will contribute to empower patients but will also totally change approach doctors take in society.
This keynote aims to bring delegates on a fabulous journey of the technological future. It will illustrate the key disruptive evolutions at the origin of the increasing role of technology in society as well as in healthcare systems. This is not science fiction... the future is now!
• To explain the disruptive evolutions of information technology concepts;
• To highlight the impact of this evolution on health management;
• To illustrate actual and future applications in the field of medicine.
After the presentation the participants should be able:
• to analyse key factors responsible for the emergence of new technologies;
• to appraise the importance of this evolution on society and on the healthcare landscape;
• to discuss the possible impact on the future of hospital pharmacy.