1. Current Status, Position
Dr Martin Wilson is currently a Consultant Physician.
- Graduated Glasgow University 1996 MB ChB
- Junior Doctor posts Glasgow 1996 to 1999
- Registrar Posts 1999 to 2005 (Inverness and Aberdeen)
- Completed MRCP (UK) 2000
- MPhil Medical Law and Ethics 2005
- Completed consultant training with Certificates of Completed Training in General (Internal) Medicine and Geriatrics 2005.
- Consultant in Raigmore Hospital Inverness since 2006.
Dr Martin Wilson was appointed Commissioner on Commission on Human Medicines (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency London in March 2016).
3. Research Area
Dr Wilson's main research and development interest is around management of polypharmacy. His most recent completed project is the SIMPATHY Programme (Stimulating Innovation Management of Polypharmacy and Adherence in The Elderly). Ten organisations from across Europe in 8 countries were investigating health service provision and sustainable management of medication among the elderly. The project was funded by European Union's Health Programme 2015 to 2017. Final report Polypharmacy Management by 2030: a patient safety challenge launched Scotland House Brussels April 2017.
Ongoing involvement in Polypharmacy Guidelines in Scotland (now at 3rd Edition)
4. Conflict of interest: none