University Hospital of Vigo
1. Current Status, Position
- Head of Section of the Pharmacy Department of the University Hospital of Vigo (UHV).
- Responsible of the "Drug Information Area" and Coordinator of the "Outpatients Pharmacy" of the UHV.
- Member of the Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee of the UHV: from December 2000 to November 2005 and from November 2010 to date.
- Member of the Coordinator Group of GENESIS (Group of evaluation of news, standardization, and research about medication selection). Group of the Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy. From 2010 to date.
1998- 1993: MPharm Pharmacy, University of Navarra (Spain).
3. Research Area
- Evaluation of drugs, as a member of Genesis group.
- Quality of pharmaceutical care and satisfaction of outpatients.
- Several studies carried out in relation to the information about diseases or therapies in social networks as Twitter (Award at the First Edition of the Prize for the Innovation, University of Alcala de Henares and Celgene). Co- investigator of the project "Twitting about my psoriatic arthritis". Alcala de Henares, February 2017.
- In order to improve the quality of care of patients admitted in the hospital, some projects about "High Alert Medication" have been developed and have got a prize (Award at the Second Edition of the Prize for the quality of Hospital Pharmacy Department. Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy and Vifor. Co- investigator of the project "Elaboration of a risk map about the management of high alert medication at an University Hospital". Gijon, October 2016)
- Ms Martinez-Lopez De Castro is currently doing her Doctoral Thesis on biological treatment in patients with rheumatic diseases.
4. Conflict of interest: none