EAHP is launching a Call for Expressions of Interest addressed to hospital pharmacists/scientists who wish to be considered for membership in EAHP's Scientific Committee.
This is a voluntary role in EAHP and very rewarding.
The European Association of Hospital Pharmacists is committed to providing educational innovation and training of hospital pharmacists to a level of specialisation and maintain continuing professional development (CPD). EAHP will facilitate and enhance the professional growth of European hospital pharmacists and develop hospital pharmacy in order to promote the best and safest use of medicines and medical devices for the benefit of patients in Europe.
- To identify the educational needs of EAHP members and prepare educational programmes to meet those needs
- To provide knowledge and application based educational programmes to assist pharmacists who practice in hospitals meet their patient care responsibilities and expand their professional roles and goals.
- To share best practice, innovation and educational programmes that can be applied to daily practice
- To promote hospital pharmacy practice research
EAHP Scientific Committee Member responsibilities
- Report to the congress Organising Committee and/or Board via the Scientific Committee Chairman or COO;
- Define the scientific and professional programme for each educational event subject to the agreement of the congress Organising Committee and/or Board;
- Be responsible for keynote presentations.
- Control the selection of contributions and topics presented whether as posters, verbal presentations or workshops;
- Liaise with speakers to give presentations; recruit suitable persons as moderators and invited speakers within the scientific program;
- Define and ensure adherence to regulations in relation to the submission of material for presentation at the Congress including selection and grouping of abstracts submitted for oral and poster presentations;
- Review guidelines for chairpersons, oral presenters, seminar leaders in accordance with ACPE standards
- Present and facilitate sessions during educational events
- Promote all educational events and support EAHP in ensuring as far as is reasonably practical its financial, educational, social and organisational success.
- Be responsible for fulfilling the standards as provider of ACPE CE-credits or other accrediting organisation to which EAHP reports
- Be responsible for providing the abstracts and Learning Objectives (LOs) for all educational events in time to create the Program Description Form of ACPE
- Be responsible for disclosure of conflict of interest according to the ACPE standards by all speakers and committee members
- Represent the views of European countries not represented by the members on the Scientific Committee as much as possible
- Fulfil other requests from the EAHP Board of Directors as much as possible
- Attend all committee meetings (5 meetings annually)
- Be responsible for prompt responses to the Committee and EAHP Staff
The members of the Scientific Committee shall be experts in one or more of the disciplines related to or relevant for hospital pharmacists with examples given below:
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Medicines procurement
- Production and Compounding
- Patient Safety and Quality Assurance
- Education and Research
Criteria to be considered during application review:
- geographic diversity within the committee (see current committee members here)
- domains/interest areas needed by the SC
- a proven scientific curriculum/background, preferably a PhD or similar work experience
- relevant experience/knowledge of hospital pharmacy (practicing/teaching/research)
- fluent English speaking and writing skills
Instructions for applications
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria are requested to submit their applications to Jennie.DeGreef[at]eahp[dot]eu. In order to be deemed admissible, applications must:
- Be received by the closing date/time for submission;
- Include motivation letter
- Present CV including:
- area of interest
- practical experience / network
- ability to speak in public in English
- academic degree
- published work including at least one international publication
- knowledge about EAHP
- motivation letter
- full contact details
This Call for Expressions of Interest closes on 1 April 2018. EAHP reserves the right to disregard any application sent after that date/time.