Seminar theme: What do we need to know about building or reconstructing a hospital pharmacy?
Target group of the seminar
The target group comprises hospital pharmacy managers, mainly head of pharmacies or deputies from the new EU- Countries and new members of EAHP.
To ensure patient safety hospital pharmacists have to ensure:
- the correct medical supply including purchasing, stock- keeping and delivery of drugs
- the compliance with pharmaceutical and drug-related legal regulations as well as with all other laws and regulations related to pharmacies
- the compliance with the general rules of hygiene and of the science of pharmacy
- the quality assured production and compounding of medicines
- pharmaceutical counselling like drug information and clinical pharmacy services.
EU- legislation on production of medicines in hospital pharmacies like GMP guidelines and influences the technical and interior equipment of the production areas. Recent developments of logistic of drugs were characterised by the improvement of the supply chain using automation and track and trace.
A huge number of hospital pharmacies are more than 15 years old and do not fulfill the state of technology and science. Hospitals therefore are forced to reconstruct or rebuild the hospital pharmacy.
The seminar should give support in planning or replanning the hospital pharmacy.
Seminar I: Planning of a state of the art hospital pharmacy production
The seminar gives theoretical information about regulatory requirements for hospital pharmacy production. This includes process description, quality risk management, quality management, feasibility study and user requirements to design qualification. In the following workshops the participants will work on the above mentioned topics on practical examples.
At the end of the seminar the participants will have the skills to identify the relevant requirements for the hospital pharmacy they are working for.
Seminar II: Planning the logistic of a hospital pharmacy
This seminar gives theoretical information about logistics of hospital pharmacies and examples of the recent developments in the supply chain of drugs.
- know about advantages and disadvantages of automation systems for picking packages
- know about advantages and disadvantages of unit dose systems
- know about track and trace during transport and delivery including the use of RFID
- know about the latest developments in barcoding
- be able to take in consideration the different developments either material or administrative and adapt to the hospital and hospital pharmacy needs.