Through its member associations in 32 countries across Europe, EAHP is uniquely placed to collect, collate and distribute information about both the current status of hospital pharmacy in Europe, and the emerging and continuing trends in practice.
The 2005 and 2010 EAHP Surveys offer an exclusive perspective for any hospital pharmacist, hospital manager, journalist, or researcher who wants to find out and learn more about a range of comparative information concerning key aspects of hospital pharmacy such as:
- hospital pharmacy staffing;
- the production of medicines within hospitals and methods for quality assuring processes;
- strategies and processes towards procurement in hospital pharmacies;
- the use of technology and automation processes within hospitals;
- the comparative size and status of hospitals within different European countries;
- the scope and extent of hospital pharmacy responsibilities and activity;
- the use and extent of drug formularies within hospitals;
- approaches towards education and training; and
- the nature of pharmacovigilance and patient safety activity being conducted in European hospital pharmacies.