1. Current Status, Position
- Emeritus professor Lorraine University, Nancy, France
- Executive director, pcn-consultants
- 1961-1968: University of Cambridge, England (Corpus Christi College Scholar, UK State Scholarship, MRC Scholar)
- 1964: Bachelor of Arts (physiology)
- 1966: Master of Arts (statistics)
- 1968: Ph.D. (toxicology)
- 1966 - 1968: Department of Physiology, University of Cambridge, England
- 1968 - 1970: Department of Physiology, University of California, Davis, USA
- 1970: "Mario Negri" Pharmacology Institute, Milan, Italy
- 1976 - 1985/6: Department of Pharmacology, Medical Faculty, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- 1986 - 2008: Pharmacology Laboratory, Pharmacy Faculty, University of Nancy, France,
- 2008 - present: Emeritus professor, University of Nancy, France
- 1971 -1975: Head of Preclinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Nestlé Research Laboratories, Lausanne, Switzerland
- 1985: Head of Preclinical Pharmacology, Rhône-Poulenc Santé, Paris, France
3. Research Area
Jeffrey Atkinson (director of Pharmacolor Consultants Nancy (PCN)) was educated at Cambridge University, England and taught cardiovascular pharmacology and therapeutics at the University of California, Davis, California, USA, the "Mario Negri" Pharmacology Institute, Milan, Italy, the Medical Faculty of Lausanne University, Switzerland, and the Pharmacy Faculty of Nancy University, France.
Twenty years ago he created a master degree course in preclinical drug evaluation / safety pharmacology in collaboration with the European pharmaceutical industry and many of the graduates of this course now work in the pharmaceutical and related industries. He also directed preclinical research at the Nestlé Research Laboratories, Lausanne, Switzerland and Rhône-Poulenc Santé, Paris, France.
Whilst working at Nancy University he collaborated extensively with European and American drug companies on the development of several antihypertensive drugs. He sat on the board of many industrial and government research committees in Europe, the USA and Asia. His seminal work includes over 200 publications with a global "h" index of 24.
Jeffrey Atkinson has been working as an expert and evaluator for the EU for over 15 years. He is Emeritus Professor of Pharmacology at Lorraine University, France.
J. Atkinson is also executive director of the EU consortia PHAR-QA “Quality assurance in European pharmacy education and training” (527194-LLP-1-2012-1-BE-ERASMUS-EMCR) and PHAR-IN “Competences for industrial pharmacy practice in biotechnology” (538252-LLP-1-2013-BE-ERASMUS-EKA).