1. Current Status, Position
Mr Sotiris Antoniou (BPharm Hons, MSc in clinical pharmacy, Diploma in Management, Independent prescriber) is a Consultant Pharmacist at Barts Heart Centre, Lead Cardiovascular Pharmacist for University College London (UCL) Partners, and an Honorary Senior Research Associate at UCL School of Pharmacy. He is Chair of international Pharmacist Anticoagulation Taskforce (iPACT) and the Cardiac Committee for the United Kingdom Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA).
- 2005-2006: Level 5 Diploma in Management
- 1999-2001: MSc in Clinical Pharmacy, University of Brighton (research thesis: Prospective study on the Pharmacokinetics of Ciprofloxacin in patients with Acute Renal Failure and receiving Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy)
- 1997-1998: Certificate of Applied Therapeutics, University of Brighton (Parenteral therapy, cardiovascular)
- 1997: Certificate in Pharmacy Practice, London School of Pharmacy, Universtity of London
- 1996: MRPharmS - registration no. 91224
- 1992-1995: London School of Pharmacy, University of London (BPharm Hons.)
3. Research Area
Mr Sotiris Antoniou has a particular interest in improving anticoagulation for stroke prevention in patients with atrial fibrillation. In addition, Mr Antoniou is actively involved in the training and development of clinical pharmacists working with the UKCPA and Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
Mr Antoniou has served on numerous National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) development groups associated with Cardiovascular disease . He is a member of the current NICE Highly Specialised Technology Appraisal group, the London Cardiovascular Strategic Clinical Network and the NHS England Medicines Optimisation Intelligence Group.
4. Conflict of interest: Mr Sotiris Antoniou currently receives speaker fees from Bayer, Pfizer/BMS, Boehringer Ingelheim and Daiichi Sankyo.