German Cancer Research Center & University Hospital Heidelberg
1. Current Status, Position
- Head of Division, CCU Pediatric Oncology, DKFZ Heidelberg;
- Head of Division, Pediatric Brain Tumors, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Training in Pediatrics, Pediatric Oncology and Neonatal Medicine at University of Göttingen Medical School;
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Molecular Biology of Histone Family Variants in Cancer at University of Göttingen;
- W3 joined professorship at DKFZ/University Hospital Heidelberg and Head of Division CCU Pediatric Oncology since 2005.
3. Research Area
- Clinical Specialization in Pediatric Neurooncology;
- Interest in Personalized Pediatric Oncology, novel targeted treatment approaches, clinical translation of novel targets based on mechanism of action;
- Evaluation of individual members of histone deacetylase family as selective drug targets and their mechanism of action.
Conflict of interest: Consultant for Astra Zeneca and Novartis and Research Grant Recipient from Bayer Healthcare.