FIP has divided our guidance into four sections, which assist the workforce as a whole. Guidance specifically for community, hospital and clinical biology sectors can be found in Section 2 "Guidelines for pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce". The FIP guidance is based on the available evidence and the recommendations of reputable organisations such as the World Health Organization, the United States and the European Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, and others, as cited at the time of publishing. The available knowledge about COVID-19 is rapidly changing and such recommendations may change accordingly. Although FIP will strive to keep these guidelines up to date, they recommend consulting the websites of these organisations and any newly available evidence for the most recent updates.
- Clinical information and treatment guidelines
- Guidelines for pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce
- Frequently asked questions and myth busting
- COVID-19 Additional resources
NOTE: In addition to the English version, FIP has made available the above resources in Albanian, Chinese, French Polis, Russian, Serbian, Spanish and Turkish.
FIP is collaborating with its member organisations and other partners to make this guidance available in different languages, for maximal dissemination and use. FIP will notify their networks via their social media channels as translations are released.
- COVID-19 transmission and incubation
- Community pharmacy interventions and patient counselling
- Pharmacy operations and facilities: ensuring safety for all and continuity of service
- Community pharmacy procedures
- Community pharmacy contingency plans
- Patient isolation and referral
- Cleaning and disinfection management
- Treatment guidelines and medicines to be stocked
- Use of masks
- Notice to community pharmacy patients and customers
NOTE: FIP is sharing guidance and examples from its member organisations and others. Please note, however, that this sharing is not an endorsement of these materials and they can take no responsibility for their accuracy or their being up-to-date.
You can find more resources from FIP members HERE
Other FIP resources
- Position statement of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) on the association between the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (including ibuprofen), ACE inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) and corticosteroids, and an increased risk of coronavirus/COVID-19 infection or disease severity.
- FIP Young Pharmacists Group
- PowerPoint Slides for the webinar (10/02/2020): "Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2: How can pharmacists help control the outbreak?"
- Open letter to G20 Heads of States and Government calling for action to secure personal protective equipment for health personnel
The disclaimer for the EAHP COVID-19 Resource Centre can be found here