Member since 1995
- Promoting technical-scientific and ethical training of their members;
- Encourage the improvement of the conditions of the profession, as well as the social promotion of hospital pharmacists;
- Represent hospital pharmacists before all other entities with particular organs of guardianship, both statutory and administrative;
- Promote the execution of studies of technical and scientific nature, and promote their dissemination to members;
- Organize or sponsor the organization of courses, conferences, seminars or similar activities related to the theme of Hospital Pharmacy;
- Foster relationships with national and international organizations that contribute to the increase of technical and scientific knowledge as may be submitted to, issuing opinions and recommendations about science and pharmaceutical practices.
APFH represents 800 hospital pharmacists working in 100 hospital pharmacies across Portugal.
A legally defined hospital pharmacy specialisation, over 5 years is operational in Portugal, but is not mandatory to work as a hospital pharmacist.
Key aspects of this program (minimum 5 years) include:
- Selection, Procurement and Stock management;
- Medicines distribution (personalised distribution to wards - e.g. unit dose; non personalised distribution; ambulatory patients);
- Production and compounding/Process control (sterile preparations - cytotoxics, parenteral nutrition, and others; non sterile production);
- Information and Documentation;
- Pharmaceutical Care.
Address: R Padre Estevão Cabral 120,1º-s 108, 3000-316 Coimbra, Portugal
Tel: +351 239 837 161
Facebook: APFH - Portuguese Association of Hospital Pharmacists
LinkedIn: APFH - Portuguese Association of Hospital Pharmacists