EAHP 2018 - 30 days before hospital pharmacists show us what they can do
19 February 2018
The city of Gothenburg is getting ready for the 23rd Congress of the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP) which will take place from 21st to 23rd March 2018. Only 30 days to go before more than 3000 hospital pharmacists from all over the world will be mingling in the second largest city of Sweden. Over 30 sessions centred around the theme - "Hospital pharmacists - Show us what you can do!" are awaiting the participants.
The profession itself will be the centre of attention at this year's event. Three keynotes will prepare congress attendees for the future. On Wednesday 21st March, Helena Nordenstedt will kick-off the largest gathering of hospital pharmacists in Europe with a fact-based view on global health and infectious diseases. The ghosts of hospital pharmacy past, present and future will be joining Cheryl McKay and Jonathan Underhill on stage for their keynote "We have a dream!". To help hospital pharmacists with the promotion of their daily work, the conference will be concluded with a presentation by Catherine Picton which focuses on marketing the hospital pharmacist profession.
Many other interesting topics, including but not limited to
- medicines shortages;
- the role of hospital pharmacists in drugs, therapeutics or ethical committees;
- antimicrobial stewardship;
- medical devices and their materiovigilance;
- process and workforce planning; and
will be touched upon during workshops and seminars. The variety of subjects chosen by EAHP's Scientific Committee ensures that all six Sections of the European Statements of Hospital Pharmacy are addressed in an equal manner. Students and recent graduates will also not be forgotten. The Student programme - which is tailored to the needs of future hospital pharmacists - will give them information on an evidence based approach to developing an individualised patient care plan.
Biologics and biosimilar medicines, anticoagulation and automation are the stars of this year's Synergy programme. They provide hospital pharmacists with cutting edge innovation in service delivery and patient care. With now five satellites the Synergy programme, developed and managed by the EAHP Scientific Committee and supported by industry grants, is growing with each Congress.
We thank again our Platinum Partners, Amgen, Bayer, Pfizer, BMS Pfizer Alliance, and our Corporate Partners, Omnicell and MSD for their support.
For further information contact info[at]eahp[dot]eu | 00 322 669 2513
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. The European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP) is an association of national organisations across 35 countries representing hospital pharmacists at European and international levels. More information about the EAHP and its history here.
2. Information about registration for the Congress is available here.
3. The full programme of educational content is available here. The programme is constructed by EAHP's Scientific Committee, made up of hospital pharmacy experts from across Europe.
4. More information about the 2018 Synergy Satellite Programme is available here.
5. Requests for interviews with Kees Neef or Joan Peppard can be made by contacting info[at]eahp[dot]eu | 00 322 669 2513