The first edition of the Practical Pharmaceutics textbook was launched during the EAHP Congress in Hamburg and it can be ordered HERE.
This book contains essential knowledge on the preparation, control, logistics, dispensing, and use of medicines. It features chapters written by experienced pharmacists working in hospitals and academia throughout Europe, complete with practical examples as well as information on current EU-legislation.
This book will be an essential reference book for any pharmacy engaged in preparation activities and for any student attempting to study the practicalities and legality behind this essential function of pharmacies.
Listen to the podcast for more information:
The project is financed by the EAHP and the Dutch pharmaceutical organisations KNMP and NVZA.
For the purpose of dispersing information:
- a product folder can be downloaded from springer.com: http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319158136
- a more elaborate information folder is provided here.
- a basis for a Power Point presentation is provided here.
Read some reviews of the Book:
- International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy - Springer (English)
- Krankenhauspharmazie - Official journal of the German Association of Hospital Pharmacists (German)
- Società Italiana Farmacisti Preparatori (Italian)
- Czech Republic's Review (Czech)
Questions and comments can be sent to PracticalPharmaceutics[at]eahp[dot]eu.