What are the benefits for EAHP?
- Development of more educational programmes available to healthcare professionals worldwide;
- Continuous improvement of seminars/events;
- Ability to develop the EAHP survey and possibly increase the frequency of the survey which will in turn assist both pharmacists and industry in decision-making;
- Autonomy with regards to the programme allowing for more ACPE certified seminars;
- Dissemination of scientific content;
- Growth and visible recognition of EAHP as a major influence to European hospital pharmacists, government officials, other organisations and industry;
- Ability for hospital pharmacists to move forward with the implementation of the European Statements of Hospital Pharmacy
A disclosure document for signature by the SC committee members will be obtained, as well as, a general statement as to the guidelines being used for the industry sponsored synergy seminars. These guidelines will be included in the grant document and distributed to compa- nies who elect to participate in the synergy programme.
EAHP’S INVOLVEMENT IN SALES/MARKETING
1. The content or format of a CPE activity or its related materials will promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
2. Industry logos may not appear directly before, during or after the synergy event.
3. Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CPE educational material or content includes trade names, where available trade names from several companies should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITY BY INDUSTRY
In compliance with ACPE standards, industry logos may not appear during the synergy seminar/event. Industry may, however, provide their own hand-outs literature to be distributed themselves promoting the event. This may not take place during or directly preceding or following the event, meaning outside the session room.
TRANSPARENCY & BENEFITS FOR SPONSORS
• Aligned with your mission of improving patient care;
• Supports the dissemination of important research data;
• Transparency to external regulators; and,
• EAHP educational activities will ensure the safe and appropriate evidence based use of products independent of commercial bias with the main goal of improving patient safety.