3 August 2016
Registration is now open for Europe's largest hospital pharmacy education event, the 22nd Congress of the European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP). Taking place in Cannes, France, from 22nd to 24th March 2017, the event will take as its overall theme: 'Hospital pharmacists – catalysts for change'. Abstract submissions for the Congress are also open until a deadline of Sunday 16th October.
Keynote speeches will emphasise major future-focused talking points within the profession, such as: 'New medicines at any cost?'; 'Big Data: hype or help?'; and, 'Introducing the Common Training Framework'.
Almost 30 seminars will explore a diversity of practice and science topics such as: performance management; hospital accreditation; the growing role of hospital pharmacists in the outpatient setting; health technology assessment; automation; predicting the future of healthcare; Immuno-Oncology; and, the Falsified Medicines Directive.
Interactive sessions will provide hospital pharmacists with opportunities to engage very directly in learning about the creation of business plans for clinical pharmacy services, designing pharmacy practice research studies, and developing and implementing deprescribing guidelines.
Workshops will provide hints and tips on successful publication, quality management, and the art of writing an abstracts. An ever-growing programme of additional satellite events, exhibitions, poster displays, presentation sessions, and bespoke events, such as the Congress Student Programme, compliments the formal Congress programme.
"The theme of hospital pharmacists as catalysts of change builds on our Association's continuing drive to position the hospital pharmacist as a leader of improvement in the hospital system. However, to fulfil that role, hospital pharmacists need to have both keen insights into the trends that are shaping future healthcare, as well as awareness of the latest best practices from Europe and across the globe. That is the role our Congress fulfils. Reviewing again our exciting programme of sessions and speakers for Cannes, I know the Congress will deliver again on that expectation. I urge all hospital pharmacists with interest in attending to register early for the best discount, and to share the work they are doing by submitting abstracts".
For further information contact info[at]eahp[dot]eu | 00 322 741 2436
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. The European Association of Hospital Pharmacists (EAHP) is an association of national organisations across 35 countries representing hospital pharmacists at European and international levels. More information about the EAHP and its history HERE.
2. More information about the 22nd Congress of EAHP is available HERE.
3. The full programme of the 22nd Congress is available HERE.
4. Information about registration for the Congress is available HERE. Early bird registration rates apply until a deadline of 1 December 2016.
5. Abstract submissions are now open as well. The deadline is Sunday 16th October. More information HERE.
6. Requests for interviews with Prof Dr Kees Neef can be made by contacting info[at]eahp[dot]eu | 00 322 741 2436