Uppsala University Hospital
1. Current Status, Position
Dr Ulrika Gillespie is the deputy chief pharmacist of Uppsala University Hospital and a researcher in the field of pharmacy practice She is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical pharmacy services in the Uppsala region.
- Post-doctoral fellow at the C.T. Lamont Primary Health Care Research Centre which is a part of the Bruyere Research Institute (BRI) and affiliated with the University of Ottawa. January-December 2014.
- PhD: Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Biosciences, 9th of March 2012, Uppsala University. Thesis title: Effects of Clinical Pharmacists Interventions on Drug-Related Hospitalisation and Appropriateness of Prescribing in Elderly Patients.
- Master of Science in Clinical Pharmacy, Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland, No-vember 1999.
- Master of Science in Pharmacy, Uppsala University, June 1995.
3. Research Area
- Evaluating effects of services provided by clinical pharmacists on elderly patients' medication use, health and health-care utilisation;
- Medication related hospitalisation - how to identify and how to prevent;
- Achieving appropriate polypharmacy in elderly patients.
Conflict of interest: None