Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Freiburg
1. Current Status, Position
Prof Hug is currently Chief Pharmacist at the Medical Center - University of Freiburg. He also serves as adjunct Prof. Clinical Pharmacy at the Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Freiburg.
- 1992 Registered Pharmacist (University of Freiburg);
- 1995 Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Physiology, University of Freiburg);
- 1998-2000 Research Assistant Professor, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA;
- 2001-2002 Research Associate, University of Münster;
- 2002 Head of Laboratory, Aventis Pharma, Frankfurt;
- 2003 - until today Hospital Pharmacist at University of Freiburg Medical Center;
- 2008 - Board certification specialist in clinical pharmacy;
- 2013 - Habilitation in clinical pharmacy.
3. Research Area
Prof Hug's research focuses on the investigation of electrolyte transport across biological membranes. He is also involved in a number of projects dealing with the measurement of serum levels of novel drugs. Recently Prof Hug has been spent a substantial part of his time with the implementation of the Falsified Medicines Directive in Hospital pharmacies.