EAHP held 2 Academy Seminars in Vienna, Austria
between 29 September - 1 October 2017.
This seminar will address the below preliminary topics:
- Inspiring example(s) of pharmacy practice research
- Formulation of research question
- Operationalisation of research question
- Qualitative research
- Statistical considerations
- Medical ethical aspects
- Examples of research and development without patients involved
- Pharmaceutical research – In search of evidence for the hospital pharmacist's added values
Lectures, interactive sessions and workshops will take place to address topics such as:
- Guidelines and framework of Antibiotic Stewardship
- Consumption surveillance methods: How to collect and report data, how to avoid common pitfalls
- From antibiotic therapy to peri-surgical antibiotic prophylaxis: measures/interventions to influence antibiotic use and consumption
- Practical application of antibiotic use data
- Rationale antibiotic therapy in practice (clinical cases)
- How to implement Antibiotic Stewardship without having the resources for that?
- First ABS studies in your hospital: How to do it, what to learn from it?
- Quality improvement approach to optimise antimicrobial prescribing
- How to engage and educate healthcare professionals and the public in antimicrobial stewardship
Advertisement: EAHP thanks the continued support of Amgen, Bayer, BMS Pfizer Alliance and Pfizer, Platinum Partners, and Omnicell, Corporate Partner.