EAHP ACADEMY SEMINARS
20-21 September 2019, Brussels, Belgium
Seminar 1: Antibiotic Stewardship: Advanced
As seen during workshops and seminars at last congresses topic is of interest for members but knowledge is different. A first Academy on ABS (ABS for Beginners) resulted in the wish of many participants to run another Academy with the same topic but for hospital pharmacists with an advanced level of knowledge in this field. The topics to be covered were named in the field of:
- Antimicrobial therapy in connection to lab results (MIC-based therapy)
- Antifungal therapy and the necessity to have TDM on board
- TDM driven antibiotic therapy: for whom and for what antibiotic?
About Antimicrobial Stewardship (ABS)
- Background: High costs of antimicrobial therapy, error prone therapy, development of resistance, no new drugs for new targets, necessary for guideline, multidisciplinary team approach;
- Existing guidelines on how to implement and run Antibiotic Stewardship programs;
- Already a topic on several EAHP congresses, high number of audience.
Seminar 2: Qualitative research methods
What is qualitative research? Why is it used? How is it performed? When we evaluate hospital pharmacy services or develop new ones, what do we need qualitative research for? Qualitative research aims to answer the questions what, how and why. What do patients think of their medicines? Why patients do not use their medicines as intended? How do they take them instead and why? Qualitative research can be used on its own or alongside quantitative research to answer research questions. A multitude of different qualitative methods and approaches to qualitative analysis exist and it is important to know their advantages and disadvantages to select the most appropriate for a certain health services or pharmacy practice research question.
Advertisement: EAHP thanks the continued support of our Platinum Partners, Amgen, Bayer, Gold Partner, Pfizer, and our Corporate Partners, Omnicell and MSD.
|Platinum partners||Gold partner|