- FAMHP measures to avoid medication shortages| Mesures de l'AFMPS pour éviter les pénuries de medicaments
The Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) has published measures to avoid medicines shortages.
- Corona: Guidelines for Healthcare Professionals | Corona: Richtlijnen voor Zorgprofessionals
The Flemish agency for care and health has made available guidance document for healthcare workers.
- State of stocks of hospital drugs | État des stocks de médicaments hospitaliers
The stocks of essential drugs to treat COVID-19 patients in the hospital are closely monitored. There are currently solutions and alternatives for all the drugs necessary for the treatment of COVID-19 patients in Belgium.
- Coronavirus: notification of adverse reactions, also for patients with COVID-19 | Coronavirus: notification d'effets indésirables, aussi pour les patients atteints du COVID-19
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) remind patients, and in particular, patients with or suspected of having COVID-19, that they can report adverse reactions suspected of being associated with taking one or more drugs.
- Guidelines for in-house fabrication of respiratory devices accessories using 3D printing | Lignes directrices pour l'impression 3D d'accessoires d'appareils respiratoires
The FAMHP published a circular broadening the scope of hospital in-house manufacturing for medical devices that are not available in due time to treat a patient.
- Coronavirus: relaxation of paracetamol measures for pharmacists and patients | Coronavirus : assouplissement des mesures concernant le paracétamol pour les pharmaciens et les patients
The Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) relaxes the restriction of paracetamol availability. However, for intravenous administration, the restrictive measures notified since mid-March 2020 still apply.
- Coronavirus: updated Belgian directive for the reuse of surgical and FFP2/FFP3 face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic | Coronavirus : mise à jour de la directive belge pour la réutilisation de masques chirurgicaux et FFP2/FFP3 dans le cadre de l'épidémie de COVID-19
A national guideline for the reprocessing of surgical masks and FFP2/FFP3 masks which allows reuse by cleaning, disinfecting or sterilising has been published by the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP). The information was updated in May 2020.
- Coronavirus - hydroxychloroquine: off-label use strongly advised against and new benefit/risk analysis for clinical trials | Coronavirus - hydroxychloroquine : utilisation off-label fortement déconseillée et nouvelle analyse bénéfices/risques pour les essais cliniques
The new COVID-19 treatment recommendations from Sciensano strongly advise against any off-label use of hydroxychloroquine outside of a clinical trial.
- Coronavirus: third version of the alternative testing protocol (ATP) for oral surgical masks| Coronavirus : troisième version du protocole d'essai alternatif (ATP) pour les masques chirurgicaux buccaux
The Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) has been developed an alternative test protocol (ATP) for masks that do not have the necessary declarations, certificates and test reports.
- Coronavirus: new extension of the measures taken by the FAMHP to avoid medicines shortage | Coronavirus : nouvelle extension des mesures prises par l'AFMPS pour éviter la pénurie de medicaments
The FAMHP has established a list of drugs and raw materials used in the treatment of COVID-19, for which emergency measures were taken.
- Coronavirus and the fight led by the FAMHP: the solutions implemented by the FAMHP against the lack of medical supplies | Coronavirus et la lutte menée par l'AFMPS : les solutions mises en place par l'AFMPS face au manque de matériel medical
The notice outlines measures that have been put in place to support hospitals facing difficulties in supplying medical devices.
- Coronavirus: FAMHP adds dexamethasone to the list of drugs subject to controlled distribution measures | Coronavirus : l'AFMPS ajoute la dexaméthasone à la liste des médicaments soumis aux mesures de distribution contrôlée
The notice informs that FAMHP has added dexamethasone drugs and raw materials to the list of products subject to emergency measures.
- News about COVID-19 coronavirus | Ajankohtaista koronaviruksesta COVID-19
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare has shared information about the spread of COVID-19 in Finland and the disease itself. In addition, the website contains guidelines for healthcare professionals, workplace instructions, hygiene and cough instructions as well as information for travellers and citizens.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest Updates
Limited information has been made available by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare in English on the situation in Finland, Europe and the rest of the world.
- Provisional advice: Recommendations for the prevention and management of COVID-19 in patients at risk of severe forms | Avis provisoire: Recommandations relatives à la prévention et à la prise en charge du COVID-19 chez les patients à risque de formes sévère
The French High Council for Public Health shared recommendations for patients at risk. These recommendations cover the elderly as well as patients with cardiovascular history and insulin-dependent diabetics. Also, information on the protection of patients with cancer against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection, while maintaining the possibility of cancer treatment, was made available.
- Management of wastes from healthcare activities during the Covid-19 epidemic, particularly in diffuse environments | Gestion des déchets d'activités de soins (DAS) produits au cours de l'épidémie de Covid-19, en particulier en milieu diffuse
Procedures for the management of healthcare activity waste produced during the COVID-19 pandemic have been made available by the French High Council for Public Health.
- Reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission through ventilation and management of patients' bodily fluids | Réduction du risque de transmission du coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 par la ventilation et gestion des effluents des patients
The French High Council for Public Health (Haut Conseil de la santé publique - HCSP) has analysed the risks of SARS-CoV-2 transmission through ventilation in residential and healthcare buildings.
- Pharmacovigilance and addictovigilance in the context of COVID-19: reinforced surveillance | Pharmacovigilance et addictovigilance dans le contexte du COVID-19 : une surveillance renforcée
As part of its mission to monitor adverse drug reactions, the ANSM has set up a specific reinforced surveillance system in the specific context of COVID-19 .
- SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus: risks related to reusing single-use masks or extending their use | Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 : risques liés à la réutilisation des masques à usage unique ou à la prolongation de leur port
The French High Council for Public Health alerted on the risks of reprocessing of single-use masks (surgical mask or FFP2) and the methods of their reuse in the health field or in other industrial sectors.
- COVID-19: Use of Hydroxychloroquine | COVID-19 : utilisation de l'hydroxychloroquine
The French High Council for Public Health has re-examined the positioning of hydroxychloroquine in the management of COVID-19.
- COVID-19: remdesivier | COVID-19 : remdésivir
Notice of dose distribution of remdesivir for patients with COVID-19.
- COVID-19 instructions | Νέος κορωνοϊός Covid-19 – Οδηγίες
The National Public Health Organisation of Greece has put together detailed information on COVID-19. Most information is only available in Greek.
- COVID-19 Guidelines on home isolation of suspect cases
The National Public Health Organisation of Greece has made available guidance on home isolation in English. People who have been in contact with a suspect or confirmed COVID-19 case (i.e. family members, friends, acquaintances, healthcare workers) are advised to monitor their health condition (temperature check twice a day) for 14 days from the last exposure. It is wise to keep daily contact with healthcare professionals throughout the entire monitoring period.
- Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 – Advice for travellers
The travel advice presented by the National Public Health Organisation of Greece provides recommendations for travelling to or coming back from areas with local transmission of COVID-19. The information shared is available in English.
- Interim Guidance for Coronavirus - Healthcare Worker Management by Occupational Health
This document aims to outline the role of occupational health (OH) in preparing for and managing potential coronavirus exposures. It is an interim guideline, and will be updated as new evidence based information becomes available.
- Sicilian Region - Department of Health: COVID-19 pneumonia indications related to the medicinal product RoActemra (tocilizumab) | Regione Siciliana - Assessorato della Salute: Polmonite da COVID-19 indicazioni relative alla specialità medicinale RoActemra (tocilizumab)
The letter from the Department of Health of Sicily contains indications for treating a pneumonia caused by COVID-19 with tocilizumab.
- Interim indications for a rational use of protection equipment against SARS-CoV-2 infections for sanitary and social health activities - ISS infection prevention and control working group | Istituto Superiore di Sanità: indicazioni ad interim per un utilizzo razionale delle protezioni per infezione da SARS-CoV-2 nelle attività sanitarie e sociosanitarie - Gruppo di lavoro ISS prevenzione e controllo delle infezioni
The Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) provides information on the exposure risk for healthcare professionals as well as prevention and protection measures. Detailed instructions are included on the use of protective equipment in the different healthcare settings.
- Italian National Institute of Health Publications: COVID-19 Reports | Istituto Superiore di Sanità Pubblicazioni: Rapporti COVID-19
The Italian National Institute of Health has put together resources. The website contains updated publications for health professionals, covering for example the management of sewage sludge, guidance for the appropriate support of autistic people duringcovid-19, disinfection of outdoor environments.
- Hydroxychloroquine in hospitalised adult COVID-19 patients | Idrossiclorochina nella terapia dei pazienti adulti con COVID 19
In view of a lack of proven therapies for COVID-19, the Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) considers it essential to provide clinicians with useful elements to guide the prescription and to define, for each drug used, a relationship between the benefits and risks on the individual patient. Off-label use is permitted only within the national emergency management plan COVID-19.
- Usable drugs for the treatment of COVID-19 disease | Farmaci utilizzabili per il trattamento della malattia COVID-19
The Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) has provided updated information on drugs used outside clinical trials, such as those marketed for other indications that are made available to patients, even in the absence of a specific therapeutic indication for COVID-19.
- Recommendations on the use of drugs for the population exposed to the virus | Raccomandazioni sull'uso dei farmaci nella popolazione esposta al virus
The Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) has gathered Information on the correct use of medicines in the population exposed to the COVID-19.
- Hydroxychloroquine in the therapy of adult patients with COVID-19 | Idrossiclorochina nella terapia dei pazienti adulti con COVID-19
AIFA has put together an opinion on the use of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Food supplements or medications? Regulation and recommendations for time-conscious use of COVID-19 | Integratori alimentari o farmaci? Regolamentazione e raccomandazioni per un uso consapevole in tempo di COVID-19
The Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) clarifies the aspects of perennial ambiguity on the different roles of food supplements and medicines, especially towards a "new" disease such as COVID-19.
- Communication toolkit for healthcare professionals | Toolkit de Comunicação para profissionais de saúde
The toolkit lists key communication points and lists strategies for communication. It's only available in Portuguese.
- Notification of suspected adverse drug reactions in patients with COVID-19 | Notificação de suspeita de reações adversas a medicamentos em doentes com COVID-19
The communication reminds healthcare professionals of the important items that need to be transmitted when reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Guidance on proximity access to medicines dispensed in an outpatient hospital pharmacy regime in the current context of the COVID-19 pandemic | Orientações sobre acesso de proximidade a medicamentos dispensados em regime ambulatório de farmácia hospitalar no atual contexto de pandemia por COVID-19
To ensure the continuity of the supply of medicines dispensed in an outpatient hospital pharmacy a regime was established which provides guidance.
- Medical Devices and Personal Protective Equipment | Dispositivos Médicos e Equipamentos de Proteção Individual
Information on the placing on the market of products without CE marking by national manufacturers who do not normally produce them.
- Official communication from the Ministry of Health on the COVID-19 measures | Información oficial del Ministerio de Sanidad dirigida a los profesionales sanitarios y a la ciudadanía en relación a recomendaciones sanitarias y de salud pública de interés general
The official information from the Spanish Ministry of Health is addressed to health professionals and citizens regarding public health and health recommendations of general interest. It contains measures of general interest, information for citizens and technical documents for healthcare professionals and information for journalist.
- Technical documents for healthcare professionals on COVID-19 | Documentos técnicos para profesionales
The Spanish Ministry of Health has made available technical documents for healthcare professionals linked with the COVID-19 outbreak including proceedings for the assessment of COVID-19 patients and guidelines for healthcare professionals exposes to the COVID-19.
- Available treatments for the management of respiratory infection by SARS-CoV-2| Tratamientos disponibles para el manejo de la infección respiratoria por SARS-CoV-2
The Ministry of Health has developed a protocol for the management and treatment of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection that is permanently updated. This document complements this protocol and updates the medications available for SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Recommendations of the AEMPS for the management of medications for the management of patients with end-stage or palliative diseases in the current health situation | Recomendaciones de la AEMPS para la gestión de medicamentos para el manejo de pacientes con enfermedades en fase terminal o paliativa en la situación sanitaria actual
Recommendations for the therapeutic management of terminally ill patients using a combined treatment with opiates and benzodiazepines/neuroleptics, in which palliative sedation is necessary, whether or not they are affected by COVID-19.
- Virucidal products authorized in Spain | Productos virucidas autorizados en España
The list contains information on virucides authorised in Spain for environmental use (PT2), food industry (PT4) and human hygiene (PT1).
- Scientific-technical information - Coronavirus disease, COVID-19 | Información Científica-Técnica - Enfermedad por coronavirus, COVID-19
The document of the Spanish Ministry of Health aims at providing an analytical summary of the scientific evidence available regarding the epidemiology, microbiological and clinical characteristics of COVID-19. In addition it contains updated data in relation to the epidemic in Europe and Spain.
- The AEMPS informs about the special measures for the manufacture and use of surgical masks and surgical gowns | La AEMPS informa sobre las medidas especiales para la fabricación y utilización de mascarillas quirúrgicas y batas quirúrgica
The website contains information on the Order establishing special measures for the granting of prior licenses for the operation of facilities and for the commissioning of certain medical devices without CE marking on the occasion of the crisis.
- Exceptional measures applicable to clinical trials and observational studies to manage problems arising from the COVID-19 emergency| Medidas excepcionales aplicables a los ensayos clínicos y estudios observacionales para gestionar los problemas derivados de la emergencia por COVID-19
The website of the Spanish Ministry of Health contains relevant information on clinical trial topics aimed at investigating new medications against coronavirus and prospective follow-up observational studies with coronavirus-related medications.
- Available treatments for the management of respiratory infections by SARS-CoV-2 | Tratamientos disponibles para el manejo de la infección respiratoria por SARS-CoV-2
The Ministry of Health has developed a protocol for the management and treatment of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection which is permanently updated. This document complements this protocol and updates the medications available for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Cleaning and disinfection of reusable hygienic masks | Limpieza y desinfección de Mascarillas higiénicas reutilizables
For the cleaning and disinfection of reusable hygienic masks, the Spanish Ministry of Health has recommended some methods to be followed.
- Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine: precautions and monitoring of possible adverse reactions in patients with COVID-19 | Cloroquina/Hidroxicloroquina: precauciones y vigilancia de posibles reacciones adversas en pacientes con COVID-19
The guidance puts forward new information for healthcare professionals about the use of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Information on hydroalcoholic hand sanitizing solutions and gels with proven viricidal efficacy | Informa sobre las soluciones y geles hidroalcohólicos de desinfección de manos con eficacia viricida demostrada
The Spanish Agency for Medicine and Health Products (AEMPS) published a list of antiseptics for healthy skin with viricidal efficacy.
- Technical document: Clinical management of COVID-19: intensive care units | Documento técnico: Manejo clínico del COVID-19: unidades de cuidados intensivos
This technical document is to guide the intensive care management of patients with COVID-19.
- Technical Document: Clinical Management of COVID-19: Hospital Care | Documento técnico: Manejo clínico del COVID-19: atención hospitalaria
The document aims to guide the clinical management of hospitalised patients with COVID-19
- Visual summary of adult hospital management | Resumen visual manejo hospitalario adultos
The visual guides the clinical management of hospitalised patients with COVID-19.
- Visual summary of pediatric hospital management | Resumen visual manejo hospitalario pediatría
The visual guides the clinical management of hospitalised paediatric patients with COVID-19.
- Resistance and COVID-19: recommendations for the prudent use of antibiotics during the pandemic | Resistencia y COVID-19: recomendaciones para el uso prudente de los antibióticos durante la pandemia
The guideline contains information on the use of antibiotics for patients diagnosed with COVID-19 with confirmed bacterial infection.
- Antihypertensive drugs that act on the renin angiotensin system and COVID-19 infection | Medicamentos antihipertensivos que actúan sobre el sistema renina angiotensina e infección por COVID-19
Information regarding publications suggesting that treatment with antihypertensive drugs of the ACEI and / or ARAII type could be a risk factor for severity and even mortality for hospitalized patients infected with COVID-19.
- Suspected adverse reactions reported with treatments used in COVID-19 | Sospechas de reacciones adversas notificadas con tratamientos utilizados en COVID-19
The AEMPS provides a list of notifications of suspected adverse reactions. The notice highlights that there is no certainty that the suspected drug caused the adverse reaction.
- Drug treatment options for patients admitted with COVID-19 | Medicamenteuze behandelopties bij opgenomen patiënten met COVID-19
The National Institute for Health and the Environment of the Netherlands has published information on treatment options. In relation to these options it has been clarified that there are currently no registered medicines for the treatment of COVID-19, because no treatment results from therapeutic research have been published. Therapy advice for COVID-19 cannot (yet) be scientifically substantiated. Based on currently available data, the options presented are for patients admitted with COVID-19 due to severe disease symptoms.
- Guidance to COVID-19
This guide provides information about COVID-19, its agent, modes of transmission, case definitions and diagnostic methods, and also, to guide the strategy and application forms that should be followed in case of COVID-19 case or contact. This guideline was created mainly in line with WHO recommendations.
- Case Management Flow Chart at Secondary and Tertiary Health Service
The chart outlines the handling of COVID-19 cases in the secondary and tertiary care sector.
- COVID-19 Patient Monitoring at Home
Guide from the Turkish Ministry of Health on patient COVID-19 monitoring while they are at home.
- COVID-19 Polyclinic/ Emergency Patient Management
Guide from the Turkish Ministry of Health on how to proceed with patients suspected of having COVID-19.
- Guide on Possible COVID-19 Case Inquiry for Outpatients
Set of questions to assess the possibility of an outpatient suspected of having COVID-19.
- Protective Equipment Recommended for use by Health Organization, Staff and Type of Activity Against COVID-19 Disease
The guideline provides an overview on the different types of protective equipment needed by staff members.
- Assessment of Healthcare Staff with COVID-19 Contact
This document explains how the healthcare staff who came into contact with the COVID-19 patient should be categorised according to the actions and the measures they take during the contact and how they should be evaluated.
- Discharge and Isolation Rules in COVID-19 Patients
This guideline shares information on discharge and isolation.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of systemic anticancer treatments
The purpose of this guideline from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is to increase the safety of patients with cancer and make the best use of the National Health Service (NHS) resources, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to match the capacity for cancer treatment to patient needs if services become limited because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: dialysis service delivery
NICE has made available a guidelines which seeks to maximise the safety of patients on dialysis, while protecting staff from infection.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of radiotherapy
This NICE guideline aims at improving the safety of patients who need radiotherapy and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to match the capacity for radiotherapy to patient needs if services become limited because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recommended PPE for healthcare workers by secondary care inpatient clinical setting, NHS and independent sector
The document contains guidance on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: community-based care of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) during the COVID-19 pandemic, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to make the best use of NHS resources.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: dermatological conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of children and adults who have dermatological conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response during the COVID-19 pandemic. It also aims to protect staff from infection and enable services to make the best use of NHS resources.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: cystic fibrosis
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients with cystic fibrosis and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to match capacity to patient needs if services become limited because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: acute use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for people with or at risk of COVID-19
The purpose of this review is to assess the best available evidence to determine if there is any increased risk of developing COVID-19 due to acute use of NSAIDs and if acute use of NSAIDs can lead to an increased risk of developing more severe symptoms of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: antibiotics for pneumonia in adults in hospital
This guideline aims to ensure the best antibiotic management of suspected or confirmed bacterial pneumonia in adults in hospital during the COVID‑19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: gastrointestinal and liver conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response
This guideline aims to maximise the safety of children and adults who have gastrointestinal or liver conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: acute kidney injury in hospital
NICE has made available this guideline to help healthcare professionals prevent, detect and manage acute kidney injury in adults in hospital with known or suspected COVID-19.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: children and young people who are immunocompromised
This is a guideline provides information to maximise the safety of children and young people who are immunocompromised during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Monitoring and Supply of Clozapine during the Covid-19 Pandemic
This NHS guideline provides information for managing clozapine patients with symptoms of COVID-19. It was endorsed by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- Monitoring Lithium during the Covid-19 Pandemic
This NHS document puts forward recommendations for lithium level monitoring during the pandemic. It was endorsed by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- Press release: selected NHS patients to access coronavirus treatment remdesivir
NHS announced the first COVID-19 treatment to be made available for use in UK outside a clinical trial.
- Coronavirus Yellow Card reporting site
The Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has made available a tool to report suspected side effects of medicines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment.
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: Remdesivir for treating hospitalised patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
This review aims to establish the clinical effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of remdesivir in adults, young people and children hospitalised with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- COVID 19 rapid evidence summary: Anakinra for COVID-19 associated secondary haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
Recommendations on the use of anakinra for treating adults and children with Secondary Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis triggered by SARS-CoV-2 or a similar coronavirus.
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) in people with or at risk of COVID-19
Study on the possible risk of developing COVID-19 due to Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACEIs) or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs).
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: Long-term use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for people with or at risk of COVID-19
Review on the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to treat symptoms of COVID‑19.
- Key updates to the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines
The information outlines the newest updates made in the COVID-19 Treatment guidelines.
- Interim treatment change options during the COVID-19 pandemic
The NICE guidelines, which have been endorsed by NHS England, outline interim treatment change options during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- !NEW! Guidance for use in healthcare settings
Health Protection Scotland has put together detailed information for healthcare professionals on COVID-19.
The disclaimer for the EAHP COVID-19 Resource Centre can be found here
Last update: 7 July 2020