- FAMHP measures to avoid medication shortages| Mesures de l'AFMPS pour éviter les pénuries de medicaments
The Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) has published measures to avoid medicines shortages.
- Corona: Guidelines for Healthcare Professionals | Corona: Richtlijnen voor Zorgprofessionals
The Flemish agency for care and health has made available guidance document for healthcare workers.
- State of stocks of hospital drugs | État des stocks de médicaments hospitaliers
The stocks of essential drugs to treat COVID-19 patients in the hospital are closely monitored. There are currently solutions and alternatives for all the drugs necessary for the treatment of COVID-19 patients in Belgium.
- Coronavirus: notification of adverse reactions, also for patients with COVID-19 | Coronavirus: notification d'effets indésirables, aussi pour les patients atteints du COVID-19
The European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) remind patients, and in particular, patients with or suspected of having COVID-19, that they can report adverse reactions suspected of being associated with taking one or more drugs.
- Guidelines for in-house fabrication of respiratory devices accessories using 3D printing | Lignes directrices pour l'impression 3D d'accessoires d'appareils respiratoires
The FAMHP published a circular broadening the scope of hospital in-house manufacturing for medical devices that are not available in due time to treat a patient.
- Coronavirus: relaxation of paracetamol measures for pharmacists and patients | Coronavirus : assouplissement des mesures concernant le paracétamol pour les pharmaciens et les patients
The Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) relaxes the restriction of paracetamol availability. However, for intravenous administration, the restrictive measures notified since mid-March 2020 still apply.
- Coronavirus: updated Belgian directive for the reuse of surgical and FFP2/FFP3 face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic | Coronavirus : mise à jour de la directive belge pour la réutilisation de masques chirurgicaux et FFP2/FFP3 dans le cadre de l'épidémie de COVID-19
A national guideline for the reprocessing of surgical masks and FFP2/FFP3 masks which allows reuse by cleaning, disinfecting or sterilising has been published by the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP). The information was updated in May 2020.
- Coronavirus - hydroxychloroquine: off-label use strongly advised against and new benefit/risk analysis for clinical trials | Coronavirus - hydroxychloroquine : utilisation off-label fortement déconseillée et nouvelle analyse bénéfices/risques pour les essais cliniques
The new COVID-19 treatment recommendations from Sciensano strongly advise against any off-label use of hydroxychloroquine outside of a clinical trial.
- Coronavirus: third version of the alternative testing protocol (ATP) for oral surgical masks| Coronavirus : troisième version du protocole d'essai alternatif (ATP) pour les masques chirurgicaux buccaux
The Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products (FAMHP) has been developed an alternative test protocol (ATP) for masks that do not have the necessary declarations, certificates and test reports.
- Coronavirus: new extension of the measures taken by the FAMHP to avoid medicines shortage | Coronavirus : nouvelle extension des mesures prises par l'AFMPS pour éviter la pénurie de medicaments
The FAMHP has established a list of drugs and raw materials used in the treatment of COVID-19, for which emergency measures were taken.
- Coronavirus and the fight led by the FAMHP: the solutions implemented by the FAMHP against the lack of medical supplies | Coronavirus et la lutte menée par l'AFMPS : les solutions mises en place par l'AFMPS face au manque de matériel medical
The notice outlines measures that have been put in place to support hospitals facing difficulties in supplying medical devices.
- Coronavirus: FAMHP adds dexamethasone to the list of drugs subject to controlled distribution measures | Coronavirus : l'AFMPS ajoute la dexaméthasone à la liste des médicaments soumis aux mesures de distribution contrôlée
The notice informs that FAMHP has added dexamethasone drugs and raw materials to the list of products subject to emergency measures.
- Coronavirus: further extension of the measures taken by the FAMHP to avoid medicinal product shortages
The FAMHP has decided to extend the measures regarding a range of medicinal products in order to avoid any shortage.
- Influenza vaccine: 10% of the stocks already distributed to the patients, two thirds still to be distributed to (hospital) pharmacies
The FAMHP makes a first assessment of the situation regarding the distribution of flu vaccines. More than half of the vaccines have yet to be placed on the market.
- Coronavirus: Questions and Answers About COVID-19 Vaccines | Coronavirus : questions et réponses sur les vaccins contre la COVID-19
The FAMHP has put together questions and answers about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Notification of adverse reactions from COVID-19 vaccines
The FAMHP has made available a new online form to better understand the safety profile of the new COVID vaccines. Suspected side effects can be reported by healthcare professionals and patients via this new form for COVID-19 vaccines.
- Manufacturing / distribution authorisations and registrations of active substances (APIs) from now on digital | Autorisations de fabrication / distribution et enregistrements de substances actives (API) désormais numériques
This document contains information on the authorisations for the manufacture and / or distribution of medicines as well as the registration of active pharmaceutical substances which will no longer be sent to their holder on paper by post.
- Subcutaneous immunoglobulins: recommendations related to reducing availability for pharmacists (hospital) and physicians (specialists) | Immunoglobulines sous-cutanées : recommandations liées à la réduction de la disponibilité pour les pharmaciens (d'hôpitaux) et les médecins (spécialistes)
The FAMHP issued recommendations for pharmacists working in hospitals and specialist doctors due to the reduced availability of subcutaneous immunoglobulins threatening to cause a critical shortage in Belgium.
- News about COVID-19 coronavirus | Ajankohtaista koronaviruksesta COVID-19
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare has shared information about the spread of COVID-19 in Finland and the disease itself. In addition, the website contains guidelines for healthcare professionals, workplace instructions, hygiene and cough instructions as well as information for travellers and citizens.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 – Latest Updates
Limited information has been made available by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare in English on the situation in Finland, Europe and the rest of the world.
- Provisional advice: Recommendations for the prevention and management of COVID-19 in patients at risk of severe forms | Avis provisoire: Recommandations relatives à la prévention et à la prise en charge du COVID-19 chez les patients à risque de formes sévère
The French High Council for Public Health shared recommendations for patients at risk. These recommendations cover the elderly as well as patients with cardiovascular history and insulin-dependent diabetics. Also, information on the protection of patients with cancer against severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection, while maintaining the possibility of cancer treatment, was made available.
- Management of wastes from healthcare activities during the Covid-19 epidemic, particularly in diffuse environments | Gestion des déchets d'activités de soins (DAS) produits au cours de l'épidémie de Covid-19, en particulier en milieu diffuse
Procedures for the management of healthcare activity waste produced during the COVID-19 pandemic have been made available by the French High Council for Public Health.
- Reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission through ventilation and management of patients' bodily fluids | Réduction du risque de transmission du coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 par la ventilation et gestion des effluents des patients
The French High Council for Public Health (Haut Conseil de la santé publique - HCSP) has analysed the risks of SARS-CoV-2 transmission through ventilation in residential and healthcare buildings.
- Pharmacovigilance and addictovigilance in the context of COVID-19: reinforced surveillance | Pharmacovigilance et addictovigilance dans le contexte du COVID-19 : une surveillance renforcée
As part of its mission to monitor adverse drug reactions, the ANSM has set up a specific reinforced surveillance system in the specific context of COVID-19 .
- SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus: risks related to reusing single-use masks or extending their use | Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 : risques liés à la réutilisation des masques à usage unique ou à la prolongation de leur port
The French High Council for Public Health alerted on the risks of reprocessing of single-use masks (surgical mask or FFP2) and the methods of their reuse in the health field or in other industrial sectors.
- COVID-19: Use of Hydroxychloroquine | COVID-19 : utilisation de l'hydroxychloroquine
The French High Council for Public Health has re-examined the positioning of hydroxychloroquine in the management of COVID-19.
- COVID-19: remdesivier | COVID-19 : remdésivir
Notice of dose distribution of remdesivir for patients with COVID-19.
- Factsheet for healthcare products delivery | La fiche pour les livreurs de produits de santé
New coronavirus information and recommendations for healthcare products delivery in health and medico-social establishments and in dispensary pharmacies.
- Recommendations for people with disabilities| La fiche sur les consignes et recommandations concernant les personnes en situation de handicap
Instructions and recommendations concerning the support of health establishments and healthcare professionals to people with disabilities in establishment or at home for the care of COVID-19 patients.
- The drug abortion form: conditions for dispensing drugs to women including minors at the abortion dispensary| La fiche IVG médicamenteuse : conditions de délivrance des médicaments aux femmes dont les mineures à l'officine IVG
Guidance on the exceptional conditions for implementing drug abortion dispensing during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use of dexamethasone and other corticosteroids during COVID-19 pandemic | Utilisation de la dexaméthasone et d'autres corticoïdes dans le Covid-19
The French High Council for Public Health analyses the conditions of use of corticosteroids in different categories of patients hospitalised for COVID-19.
- COVID-19: management of healthcare waste | Covid-19 : gestion des déchets d'activités de soins
The High Council for Public Health updated its recommendations on the management of healthcare waste (DAS) produced in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Anti-COVID vaccination portfolio for healthcare professionals | Portofolio Vaccination anti-COVID à destination des professionnels de santé
The document provides guidance to vaccination for doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
- COVID-19 vaccines
On its website ANSM has put together information on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Weekly monitoring of adverse reactions | Suivi hebdomadaire des cas d'effets indésirables
Monitorization in real time of the safety profile of vaccines based on declarations made by health professionals or by people vaccinated.
- Rapid responses in the context of COVID-19 - Continuity of monitoring of pregnant women | Réponses rapides dans le cadre de la Covid-19 – Continuité du suivi des femmes enceintes
The guideline of the French National Authority for Health (Haute Autorité de Santé) aims to reduce the health risk for pregnant women and limiting their travel, as well as the workload of health professionals while securing the monitoring of pregnancy.
- COVID-19: control and prevention of the spread of new variants of the virus in healthcare settings | Covid-19 : contrôle et prévention de la diffusion des nouveaux variants du virus en milieu de soins
The French High Council for Public Health updates its opinion of January 18 and 20, 2021 and recommends that there be no exemption to the eviction of professionals from healthcare structures infected with SARS-CoV-2, whether they are or non-symptomatic.
- COVID-19: treatment recommendations: tocilizumab and monoclonal antibodies | Covid-19 : recommandations thérapeutiques : tocilizumab et anticorps monoclonaux
The High Council for Public Health is updating the therapeutic recommendations for the management of Covid-19 regarding tocilizumab and monoclonal antibodies.
- The National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products published a summary on thrombotic effects| l'ANSM publie les synthèses du comité d'experts sur les effets thrombotiques
ANSM has created a Temporary Scientific Committee (CST) focusing on "COVID-19 Vaccines and Rare Atypical Thrombosis" to analyze rare and unusual thrombotic events observed in vaccinated people.
- Imported medicines: beware of the risk of medication errors | Médicaments importés : attention au risque d'erreurs médicamenteuses
Due to the lack of labelling imported medicines may present a risk of medication errors. The ANMS has asked pharmacists to share with the healthcare teams and particularly with the resuscitation teams, the conditions and special precautions for the use of these medicines.
This information is specified in the explanatory sheets accompanying the boxes made available to hospitals.
- COVID-19 : symptômes persistants | COVID-19: persistent symptoms
After hearing from specialists and patient cohort coordinators and a thorough review of the literature, the HCSP lists the persistent symptoms that may be observed at a distance from a documented SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- COVID-19: treatment recommendations antagonists of IL1 and IL6 | COVID-19 : recommandations thérapeutiques antagonistes des IL1 et IL6
The High Council of Public Health (HCSP) updated the recommendations relating to the prescription of antagonists of IL1 and IL6 receptors in the treatment of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 instructions | Νέος κορωνοϊός Covid-19 – Οδηγίες
The National Public Health Organisation of Greece has put together detailed information on COVID-19. Most information is only available in Greek.
- COVID-19 Guidelines on home isolation of suspect cases
The National Public Health Organisation of Greece has made available guidance on home isolation in English. People who have been in contact with a suspect or confirmed COVID-19 case (i.e. family members, friends, acquaintances, healthcare workers) are advised to monitor their health condition (temperature check twice a day) for 14 days from the last exposure. It is wise to keep daily contact with healthcare professionals throughout the entire monitoring period.
- Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 – Advice for travellers
The travel advice presented by the National Public Health Organisation of Greece provides recommendations for travelling to or coming back from areas with local transmission of COVID-19. The information shared is available in English.
- Interim Guidance for Coronavirus - Healthcare Worker Management by Occupational Health
This document aims to outline the role of occupational health (OH) in preparing for and managing potential coronavirus exposures. It is an interim guideline, and will be updated as new evidence based information becomes available.
- NCCP Psycho-Oncology Programme
Advice to inform about the safe re-opening of Cancer Support Centres.
- National Cancer Control Programme
NCCP guidance for medical professionals on the management of patients with prostate cancer in response to the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- NCCP advice for Medical Professionals on the Management of patients with Suspected or Diagnosed Malignant Melanoma or Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer in response to the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
This document provides guidance to clinicians. It applies to patients who do not have COVID-19 or are not suspected of having COVID-19.
- Literature reviews carried out for the health service executive national telehealth steering group April – July 2020
This collection of literature reviews relate to innovations in telemedicine as applicable to a specific condition or specialty.
- HSE Guidance for resumption of diabetes services during the COVID-19 pandemic
The aim of this guidance is to help those who deliver diabetes services assess and manage the risks associated with COVID-19 transmission and plan how diabetes activity can resume while minimising risk to staff and patients.
- HSE Interim Guidance for the use of Systemic Corticosteroids in the Management of Hospitalised Patients with Severe COVID-19 Disease
This guidance is specific to the management of hospitalised patients with confirmed severe COVID-19 disease and it is intended to strengthen clinical management of these patients it does not replace clinical judgment or specialist consultation.
- Interim Guidance for the use of Tocilizumab in the Management of Patients who have severe COVID-19 with Suspected Hyperinflammation
This guidance for healthcare professionals is specific to the management of patients with confirmed severe COVID-19 with suspected hyperinflammation.
- COVID-19 HSE Clinical Guidance and Evidence
Compilation of rapid evidence reviews and summaries of evidences on treatments for COVID-19.
- HSE COVID-19: Interim Clinical Guidance – Anti-Inflammatory Medicines for Treatment of Covid-19 symptom
This guidance clarifies current evidence for the use of anti-inflammatory medicines for treatment of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Clinical Guidance for COVID‐19 Vaccination (version 2.0)
The aim of the COVID‐19 vaccination programme is to reduce morbidity, mortality, risk of infection and possibly transmission in the population and help minimise disruption to society and the economy, including maintaining healthcare capacity.
- NCCP advice for Medical Professionals on the management of patients undergoing Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy (chemotherapy) in response to the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
The guidance aims to maximise the safety of patients and to make the best use of HSE resources, while protecting staff from infection.
- Interim Guideline for the Management of Covid-19 Infection in Paediatric Patients
Guideline for children outside of the paediatric intensive care unit (PICU) setting.
- !NEW! What models of care are available for patients recovering from COVID-19 with persisting symptoms? What models of care are available for long COVID, or post-acute sequelae of COVID-19?
The study assesses and addresses the immediate rehabilitation needs of those leaving hospital following admission for respiratory complications of COVID-19 using a virtual rehabilitation service.
- Sicilian Region - Department of Health: COVID-19 pneumonia indications related to the medicinal product RoActemra (tocilizumab) | Regione Siciliana - Assessorato della Salute: Polmonite da COVID-19 indicazioni relative alla specialità medicinale RoActemra (tocilizumab)
The letter from the Department of Health of Sicily contains indications for treating a pneumonia caused by COVID-19 with tocilizumab.
- Interim indications for a rational use of protection equipment against SARS-CoV-2 infections for sanitary and social health activities - ISS infection prevention and control working group | Istituto Superiore di Sanità: indicazioni ad interim per un utilizzo razionale delle protezioni per infezione da SARS-CoV-2 nelle attività sanitarie e sociosanitarie - Gruppo di lavoro ISS prevenzione e controllo delle infezioni
The Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) provides information on the exposure risk for healthcare professionals as well as prevention and protection measures. Detailed instructions are included on the use of protective equipment in the different healthcare settings.
- Italian National Institute of Health Publications: COVID-19 Reports | Istituto Superiore di Sanità Pubblicazioni: Rapporti COVID-19
The Italian National Institute of Health has put together resources. The website contains updated publications for health professionals, covering for example the management of sewage sludge, guidance for the appropriate support of autistic people duringcovid-19, disinfection of outdoor environments.
- Hydroxychloroquine in hospitalised adult COVID-19 patients | Idrossiclorochina nella terapia dei pazienti adulti con COVID 19
In view of a lack of proven therapies for COVID-19, the Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) considers it essential to provide clinicians with useful elements to guide the prescription and to define, for each drug used, a relationship between the benefits and risks on the individual patient. Off-label use is permitted only within the national emergency management plan COVID-19.
- Usable drugs for the treatment of COVID-19 disease | Farmaci utilizzabili per il trattamento della malattia COVID-19
The Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) has provided updated information on drugs used outside clinical trials, such as those marketed for other indications that are made available to patients, even in the absence of a specific therapeutic indication for COVID-19.
- Recommendations on the use of drugs for the population exposed to the virus | Raccomandazioni sull'uso dei farmaci nella popolazione esposta al virus
The Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) has gathered Information on the correct use of medicines in the population exposed to the COVID-19.
- Hydroxychloroquine in the therapy of adult patients with COVID-19 | Idrossiclorochina nella terapia dei pazienti adulti con COVID-19
AIFA has put together an opinion on the use of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Food supplements or medications? Regulation and recommendations for time-conscious use of COVID-19 | Integratori alimentari o farmaci? Regolamentazione e raccomandazioni per un uso consapevole in tempo di COVID-19
The Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) clarifies the aspects of perennial ambiguity on the different roles of food supplements and medicines, especially towards a "new" disease such as COVID-19.
- Recommendations for healthcare professionals | Recommendazioni per gli opeatori sanitari
The Italian Ministry of Health has put together a set of recommendations for healthcare professionals.
- CoVID-19 and Down Syndrome, up to 10 times higher mortality| CoVID-19 e Sindrome di Down, mortalità fino a 10 volte più elevate
A study of the Italian National Institute of Health - Catholic University has drawn a clinical and demographic profile of patients with Down Syndrome during COVID-19 pandemic, calculating among them levels of mortality much higher than those of the general population.
- Interim indications for pediatric telemedicine health services during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic| Indicazioni ad interim per servizi sanitari di telemedicina in pediatria durante e oltre la pandemia COVID-19
The Italian National Institute of Health (ISS) provides operational indications for the use of digital systems during a SARS-CoV-2 epidemic regarding pediatric population.
- Interim guidance for the appropriate support of people with dementia in the current COVID-19 pandemic scenario | Indicazioni ad interim per un appropriato sostegno alle persone con demenza nell'attuale scenario della pandemia di COVID-19
The aim of the present document is to provide healthcare professionals and caregivers with some practical information to prevent infection and provide the necessary support all people living with dementia.
- Residential health care for the dependent elderly: bioethical and biojuridical issues | Assistenza sociosanitaria residenziale agli anziani non autosufficienti: profili bioetici e biogiuridici
This document proposes an ethical-legal reflection on the protection of residents in social-health structures, especially in emergency conditions.
- Communication toolkit for healthcare professionals | Toolkit de Comunicação para profissionais de saúde
The toolkit lists key communication points and lists strategies for communication. It's only available in Portuguese.
- Notification of suspected adverse drug reactions in patients with COVID-19 | Notificação de suspeita de reações adversas a medicamentos em doentes com COVID-19
The communication reminds healthcare professionals of the important items that need to be transmitted when reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Guidance on proximity access to medicines dispensed in an outpatient hospital pharmacy regime in the current context of the COVID-19 pandemic | Orientações sobre acesso de proximidade a medicamentos dispensados em regime ambulatório de farmácia hospitalar no atual contexto de pandemia por COVID-19
To ensure the continuity of the supply of medicines dispensed in an outpatient hospital pharmacy a regime was established which provides guidance.
- Medical Devices and Personal Protective Equipment | Dispositivos Médicos e Equipamentos de Proteção Individual
Information on the placing on the market of products without CE marking by national manufacturers who do not normally produce them.
- Guidelines to support healthcare professionals | Orientações para apoiar profissionais de saúde nas recomendações ao público
The document provides guidance on the prevent of infections and the steps that need to be taken in case of a suspected infection.
- Guide on self-care and well-being of health professionals during the pandemic | Guia de autocuidado e bem-estar dos profissionais de saúde durante a pandemia
This documents aims to help endure the well-being of healthcare professionals during COVID-19 outbreak of COVID-19.
- Official communication from the Ministry of Health on the COVID-19 measures | Información oficial del Ministerio de Sanidad dirigida a los profesionales sanitarios y a la ciudadanía en relación a recomendaciones sanitarias y de salud pública de interés general
The official information from the Spanish Ministry of Health is addressed to health professionals and citizens regarding public health and health recommendations of general interest. It contains measures of general interest, information for citizens and technical documents for healthcare professionals and information for journalist.
- Technical documents for healthcare professionals on COVID-19 | Documentos técnicos para profesionales
The Spanish Ministry of Health has made available technical documents for healthcare professionals linked with the COVID-19 outbreak including proceedings for the assessment of COVID-19 patients and guidelines for healthcare professionals exposes to the COVID-19.
- Available treatments for the management of respiratory infection by SARS-CoV-2| Tratamientos disponibles para el manejo de la infección respiratoria por SARS-CoV-2
The Ministry of Health has developed a protocol for the management and treatment of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection that is permanently updated. This document complements this protocol and updates the medications available for SARS-CoV-2 infection
- Recommendations of the AEMPS for the management of medications for the management of patients with end-stage or palliative diseases in the current health situation | Recomendaciones de la AEMPS para la gestión de medicamentos para el manejo de pacientes con enfermedades en fase terminal o paliativa en la situación sanitaria actual
Recommendations for the therapeutic management of terminally ill patients using a combined treatment with opiates and benzodiazepines/neuroleptics, in which palliative sedation is necessary, whether or not they are affected by COVID-19.
- Virucidal products authorized in Spain | Productos virucidas autorizados en España
The list contains information on virucides authorised in Spain for environmental use (PT2), food industry (PT4) and human hygiene (PT1).
- Scientific-technical information - Coronavirus disease, COVID-19 | Información Científica-Técnica - Enfermedad por coronavirus, COVID-19
The document of the Spanish Ministry of Health aims at providing an analytical summary of the scientific evidence available regarding the epidemiology, microbiological and clinical characteristics of COVID-19. In addition it contains updated data in relation to the epidemic in Europe and Spain.
- The AEMPS informs about the special measures for the manufacture and use of surgical masks and surgical gowns | La AEMPS informa sobre las medidas especiales para la fabricación y utilización de mascarillas quirúrgicas y batas quirúrgica
The website contains information on the Order establishing special measures for the granting of prior licenses for the operation of facilities and for the commissioning of certain medical devices without CE marking on the occasion of the crisis.
- Exceptional measures applicable to clinical trials and observational studies to manage problems arising from the COVID-19 emergency| Medidas excepcionales aplicables a los ensayos clínicos y estudios observacionales para gestionar los problemas derivados de la emergencia por COVID-19
The website of the Spanish Ministry of Health contains relevant information on clinical trial topics aimed at investigating new medications against coronavirus and prospective follow-up observational studies with coronavirus-related medications.
- Available treatments for the management of respiratory infections by SARS-CoV-2 | Tratamientos disponibles para el manejo de la infección respiratoria por SARS-CoV-2
The Ministry of Health has developed a protocol for the management and treatment of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection which is permanently updated. This document complements this protocol and updates the medications available for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Cleaning and disinfection of reusable hygienic masks | Limpieza y desinfección de Mascarillas higiénicas reutilizables
For the cleaning and disinfection of reusable hygienic masks, the Spanish Ministry of Health has recommended some methods to be followed.
- Chloroquine/Hydroxychloroquine: precautions and monitoring of possible adverse reactions in patients with COVID-19 | Cloroquina/Hidroxicloroquina: precauciones y vigilancia de posibles reacciones adversas en pacientes con COVID-19
The guidance puts forward new information for healthcare professionals about the use of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of COVID-19 patients.
- Information on hydroalcoholic hand sanitizing solutions and gels with proven viricidal efficacy | Informa sobre las soluciones y geles hidroalcohólicos de desinfección de manos con eficacia viricida demostrada
The Spanish Agency for Medicine and Health Products (AEMPS) published a list of antiseptics for healthy skin with viricidal efficacy.
- Technical document: Clinical management of COVID-19: intensive care units | Documento técnico: Manejo clínico del COVID-19: unidades de cuidados intensivos
This technical document is to guide the intensive care management of patients with COVID-19.
- Technical Document: Clinical Management of COVID-19: Hospital Care | Documento técnico: Manejo clínico del COVID-19: atención hospitalaria
The document aims to guide the clinical management of hospitalised patients with COVID-19
- Visual summary of adult hospital management | Resumen visual manejo hospitalario adultos
The visual guides the clinical management of hospitalised patients with COVID-19.
- Visual summary of pediatric hospital management | Resumen visual manejo hospitalario pediatría
The visual guides the clinical management of hospitalised paediatric patients with COVID-19.
- Resistance and COVID-19: recommendations for the prudent use of antibiotics during the pandemic | Resistencia y COVID-19: recomendaciones para el uso prudente de los antibióticos durante la pandemia
The guideline contains information on the use of antibiotics for patients diagnosed with COVID-19 with confirmed bacterial infection.
- Antihypertensive drugs that act on the renin angiotensin system and COVID-19 infection | Medicamentos antihipertensivos que actúan sobre el sistema renina angiotensina e infección por COVID-19
Information regarding publications suggesting that treatment with antihypertensive drugs of the ACEI and / or ARAII type could be a risk factor for severity and even mortality for hospitalized patients infected with COVID-19.
- Suspected adverse reactions reported with treatments used in COVID-19 | Sospechas de reacciones adversas notificadas con tratamientos utilizados en COVID-19
The AEMPS provides a list of notifications of suspected adverse reactions. The notice highlights that there is no certainty that the suspected drug caused the adverse reaction.
- Treatments available subject to special access conditions for the management of respiratory infection by SARS-CoV-2 | Tratamientos disponibles sujetos a condiciones especiales de acceso para el manejo de la infección respiratoria por SARS-CoV-2
This document complements the protocol for the management and treatment of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection and provides updates concerning the available medications subject to special access conditions for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Note on the use of products that use UV-C radiation for the disinfection of SARS-CoV-2 | Nota sobre el uso de productos que utilizan radiaciones Ultravioleta-C para la desinfección del SARS-CoV-2
Review of the commercialization, efficacy and safety of the use of equipment equipped with Ultraviolet-C (UV-C) light sources to disinfect the air, surfaces, premises, buildings or products against SARS-CoV-2.
- COVID-19 early detection, surveillance and control strategy | Estrategia de detección precoz, vigilancia y control de COVID-19
Guidance document for healthcare professionals on the COVID-19 early detection, the establishment of the necessary control measures to prevent new infections and epidemiological information systems.
- Suspected adverse reactions reported with treatments used in COVID-19 | Sospechas de reacciones adversas notificadas con tratamientos utilizados en COVID-19
Information on the close monitoring of suspected adverse reactions reported with drugs considered potential therapeutic strategies for SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Information on medical devices especially used during COVID-19 that have been detected in the market and do not comply with the regulation | Información sobre productos sanitarios especialmente utilizados durante la COVID-19 que han sido detectados en el mercado y no cumplen la regulación
List of different medical devices related to COVID-19 detected in the market that do not comply with the corresponding legislation.
- Recommendations of the zero projects for the adaption of the intensive care unit (ICU) during the SARS-COV-2 pandemic | Adaptación en la UCI de las recomendaciones de los proyectos zero durante la pandemia por SARS-COV-2
Recommentaions to prevent healthcare-related infections (HAI) in ICUs.
- Recommendations on communicative strategies against pandemic fatigue | Recomendaciones sobre estrategias comunicativas frente a la fatiga pandémica
The document contains strategies to respond to pandemic fatigue and revitalize citizen support for protective behaviors against COVID-19.
- Recommendations for the safe use of vaccines against COVID-19 | Recomendaciones para utilizar con seguridad las vacunas frente a la COVID-19
This document contains basic safety measures to avoid possible errors in vaccination practice, aimed at the institutions that are going to organize the vaccination programs and the professionals who are going to handle the vaccines.
- COVID-19 clinical information | Información clínica COVID-19
This document aims to make an analytical summary of the scientific evidence available regarding the natural history and clinical evolution of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 infection.
- BIFIMED: Information search engine on the financing situation of medicines - Nomenclature of May - 2021 | BIFIMED: Buscador de la Información sobre la situación de financiación de los medicamentos - Nomenclátor de MAYO - 2021
The Ministry of Health has made available a search engine that allows you to find out the public funding status of all drugs authorised in Spain.
- Coronavirus: information for health professionals | Coronavirus : informations pour les professionnels de la santé | Coronavirus: Informationen für Gesundheitsfachpersonen | Coronavirus: informazioni per i professionisti della salute
The Federal Office of Public health (FOPH) has published information for healthcare professionals including a specific section for hospital pharmacists.
- Recommendations for the use of protective equipment for healthcare professionals | Recommandations concernant l'utilisation de matériel de protection pour les professionnels de la santé
The Federal Office of Public health (FOPH) has published some recommendations concerning the use of protective equipment for the attention of organizations and healthcare professionals active in the healthcare sector.
- Interim precautionary measures in hospitals for a patient hospitalized with suspected COVID-19 infection or with confirmed COVID-19 infection | Mesures provisoires de précautions dans les hôpitaux pour un patient hospitalisé avec suspicion d'infection COVID-19 ou présentant une infection COVID-19 confirmée | Interims Vorsorgemassnahmen in Spitälern für einen hospitalisierten Patienten mit begründetem Verdacht oder mit einer bestätigten COVID-19 Infektion
The National Center for Infection Control has put together interim precautionary measures in hospitals for a patient hospitalized with suspected COVID-19 infection or with confirmed COVID-19 infection. Additional information adapted to children and adolescents also exists.
Supplement for children and adolescents | Supplément pour les enfants et les adolescents | Zusatz für Kinder und Jugendliche
- Management of COVID-19 positive or suspect employees involved in care of patients in acute
The following recommendations apply to acute care hospitals. The recommendations distinguish between hospitals with regular staffing and hospitals with severe shortage of staff, so that adequate care for patients is not guaranteed and their safety is at risk.
- Circulation of new COVID-19 variants - interim recommendations for acute care hospitals | Recommandations provisoires pour les hôpitaux de soins aigus concernant la circulation des nouveaux variants COVID-19
Swissnoso has put together interim recommendations for acute care hospitals, especially those that do not have a dedicated microbiology laboratory on site.
- Position of Swissnoso on the use of FFP2 masks for health workers with direct patient contact in acute hospitals, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and the spread of newer SARS-CoV-2 virus variants | Position der Swissnoso zum Einsatz von FFP2 Masken für Gesundheitspersonal mit direktem Patientenkontakt in Akutspitälern, im Kontext der Covid-19 Pandemie und der Ausbreitung neuerer SARS-CoV-2 Virusvarianten
This document takes a position on the topic of the extended use of FFP2 masks beyond the indications recommended by Swissnoso, as well as the implicit question of optimal protection of staff with direct patient contact in acute hospitals, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Management and control of COVID-19 outbreaks in healthcare settings
This updated document complements the series of guidance documents already published by Swissnoso. It is primarily intended for acute care settings. Recommended measures may need adaption to the local setting (resources, epidemiology etc.).
- Precautionary measures in hospitals for a hospitalised patient with reasonable suspicion or with a confirmed COVID-19 infection | Vorsorgemassnahmen in Spitälern für einen hospitalisierten Patienten mit begründetem Verdacht oder mit einer bestätigten COVID-19 Infektion
The guideline outlines the measures that have to be taken for the protection of both patients and healthcare staff.
- Recommendations for healthcare workers, having had unprotected close contact with COVID-19 cases
Swissnoso has prepared recommendations for the management of cases and their contacts. This recommendation apply to all healthcare workers that had contact with COVID-19 cases irrespective COVID-19.
- !NEW! Interim precautionary measures in hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic | Mesures provisoires de précaution dans les hôpitaux pendant la pandémie de COVID-19
Recommendations for health professionals and visitors to hospitals in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Drug treatment options for patients admitted with COVID-19 | Medicamenteuze behandelopties bij opgenomen patiënten met COVID-19
The National Institute for Health and the Environment of the Netherlands has published information on treatment options. In relation to these options it has been clarified that there are currently no registered medicines for the treatment of COVID-19, because no treatment results from therapeutic research have been published. Therapy advice for COVID-19 cannot (yet) be scientifically substantiated. Based on currently available data, the options presented are for patients admitted with COVID-19 due to severe disease symptoms.
- Guidance to COVID-19
This guide provides information about COVID-19, its agent, modes of transmission, case definitions and diagnostic methods, and also, to guide the strategy and application forms that should be followed in case of COVID-19 case or contact. This guideline was created mainly in line with WHO recommendations.
- Case Management Flow Chart at Secondary and Tertiary Health Service
The chart outlines the handling of COVID-19 cases in the secondary and tertiary care sector.
- COVID-19 Patient Monitoring at Home
Guide from the Turkish Ministry of Health on patient COVID-19 monitoring while they are at home.
- COVID-19 Polyclinic/ Emergency Patient Management
Guide from the Turkish Ministry of Health on how to proceed with patients suspected of having COVID-19.
- Guide on Possible COVID-19 Case Inquiry for Outpatients
Set of questions to assess the possibility of an outpatient suspected of having COVID-19.
- Protective Equipment Recommended for use by Health Organization, Staff and Type of Activity Against COVID-19 Disease
The guideline provides an overview on the different types of protective equipment needed by staff members.
- Assessment of Healthcare Staff with COVID-19 Contact
This document explains how the healthcare staff who came into contact with the COVID-19 patient should be categorised according to the actions and the measures they take during the contact and how they should be evaluated.
- Discharge and Isolation Rules in COVID-19 Patients
This guideline shares information on discharge and isolation.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of systemic anticancer treatments
The purpose of this guideline from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is to increase the safety of patients with cancer and make the best use of the National Health Service (NHS) resources, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to match the capacity for cancer treatment to patient needs if services become limited because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: dialysis service delivery
NICE has made available a guidelines which seeks to maximise the safety of patients on dialysis, while protecting staff from infection.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: delivery of radiotherapy
This NICE guideline aims at improving the safety of patients who need radiotherapy and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to match the capacity for radiotherapy to patient needs if services become limited because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recommended PPE for healthcare workers by secondary care inpatient clinical setting, NHS and independent sector
The document contains guidance on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: community-based care of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) during the COVID-19 pandemic, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to make the best use of NHS resources.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: dermatological conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of children and adults who have dermatological conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response during the COVID-19 pandemic. It also aims to protect staff from infection and enable services to make the best use of NHS resources.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: cystic fibrosis
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of patients with cystic fibrosis and make the best use of NHS resources, while protecting staff from infection. It will also enable services to match capacity to patient needs if services become limited because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: acute use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for people with or at risk of COVID-19
The purpose of this review is to assess the best available evidence to determine if there is any increased risk of developing COVID-19 due to acute use of NSAIDs and if acute use of NSAIDs can lead to an increased risk of developing more severe symptoms of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: antibiotics for pneumonia in adults in hospital
This guideline aims to ensure the best antibiotic management of suspected or confirmed bacterial pneumonia in adults in hospital during the COVID‑19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: gastrointestinal and liver conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response
This guideline aims to maximise the safety of children and adults who have gastrointestinal or liver conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: acute kidney injury in hospital
NICE has made available this guideline to help healthcare professionals prevent, detect and manage acute kidney injury in adults in hospital with known or suspected COVID-19.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: children and young people who are immunocompromised
This is a guideline provides information to maximise the safety of children and young people who are immunocompromised during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Monitoring and Supply of Clozapine during the Covid-19 Pandemic
This NHS guideline provides information for managing clozapine patients with symptoms of COVID-19. It was endorsed by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- Monitoring Lithium during the Covid-19 Pandemic
This NHS document puts forward recommendations for lithium level monitoring during the pandemic. It was endorsed by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society.
- Press release: selected NHS patients to access coronavirus treatment remdesivir
NHS announced the first COVID-19 treatment to be made available for use in UK outside a clinical trial.
- Coronavirus Yellow Card reporting site
The Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has made available a tool to report suspected side effects of medicines or medical device and diagnostic adverse incidents used in coronavirus treatment.
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: Remdesivir for treating hospitalised patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
This review aims to establish the clinical effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness of remdesivir in adults, young people and children hospitalised with suspected or confirmed COVID-19.
- COVID 19 rapid evidence summary: Anakinra for COVID-19 associated secondary haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
Recommendations on the use of anakinra for treating adults and children with Secondary Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis triggered by SARS-CoV-2 or a similar coronavirus.
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) in people with or at risk of COVID-19
Study on the possible risk of developing COVID-19 due to Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACEIs) or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs).
- COVID-19 rapid evidence summary: Long-term use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for people with or at risk of COVID-19
Review on the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to treat symptoms of COVID‑19.
- Key updates to the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines
The information outlines the newest updates made in the COVID-19 Treatment guidelines.
- Interim treatment change options during the COVID-19 pandemic
The NICE guidelines, which have been endorsed by NHS England, outline interim treatment change options during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Guidance for use in healthcare settings
Health Protection Scotland has put together detailed information for healthcare professionals on COVID-19.
- CFHealthHub for managing cystic fibrosis during the COVID-19 pandemic
NICE has developed a Medtech innovation briefing (MIB) on the CFHealthHub for managing cystic fibrosis during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Rehabilitation needs of people affected by the impact of COVID-19
This guidance focuses on the rehabilitation needs of people who have been directly and indirectly affected by COVID-19.
- Disparities in the risk and outcomes of COVID-19
Public Health England has published a descriptive review of data on disparities in the risk and outcomes from COVID-19.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: arranging planned care in hospitals and diagnostic services
The purpose of this guideline is to help healthcare professionals deliver efficient planned care while minimising the risk of COVID-19 in the context of increasing or decreasing local prevalence.
- Understanding cycle threshold (Ct) in SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR: a guide for health protection teams
A guide for health protection teams about interpreting Ct in real-time, reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assays performed for Sars-CoV-2.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism in over 16s with COVID-19
This guideline covers pharmacological VTE prophylaxis for patients being treated for COVID-19 pneumonia.
- CFHealthHub for managing cystic fibrosis during the COVID-19 pandemic
NICE has developed a new digital platform CFHealthHub, which is designed to help adults with cystic fibrosis in self-management and to record data on medicine usage.
- Research to access pathway for investigational drugs for COVID-19 (RAPID-C19)
RAPID-C19 is a multi-agency initiative. It aims to get treatments for COVID-19 to NHS patients quickly and safely. It also helps frontline staff in health and social care understand the options they have for treating affected patients.
- Vitamin D and acute respiratory tract infections
The Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition (SACN) has published a report on vitamin D and acute respiratory tract infections.
- National guidance for post-COVID syndrome assessment clinics
Guidance to assist local healthcare systems to establish post-COVID assessment clinics for patients experiencing long-term health effects following COVID-19 infection.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: dermatological conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of children and adults who have dermatological conditions treated with drugs affecting the immune response during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: managing the long-term effects of COVID-19
This guideline covers identifying, assessing and managing the long-term effects of COVID-19, often described as 'long COVID'.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: vitamin D
This guideline covers vitamin D use in the context of COVID 19. It is for adults, young people and children in hospitals and community settings.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: Antibiotics for pneumonia in adults in hospital
The purpose of this guideline is to ensure the best antibiotic management of suspected or confirmed bacterial pneumonia in adults in hospital during the COVID‑19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 rapid guideline: rheumatological autoimmune, inflammatory and metabolic bone disorders
The purpose of this guideline is to maximise the safety of children and adults with rheumatological autoimmune, inflammatory and metabolic bone disorders during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Clinical guide for the management of palliative care in hospital during the coronavirus pandemic
NICE provides a guideline to support best practice palliative care for all patients who require this, either with pre-existing palliative care needs or because of coronavirus infection.
- Minimising Risks of COVID-19 across Maternity Services
This project aims to share the challenges and learning in developing local strategies to minimise the risks of COVID-19 across Maternity Services in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB), North Wales.
- Project CARE: Supporting people with a positive diagnosis of COVID-19 and reaching out to those in vulnerable groups
Description on how the GP practice supported patients who had received a positive test result for COVID-19 and were classed as being in vulnerable categories. Further support to these patients was provided through the setup and use of virtual clinics.
- SYNE-COV for predicting COVID-19 outcomes
SYNE-COV is a cloud-based software designed to help manage COVID‑19 in hospitals. It predicts the chance of people with COVID‑19 being admitted for intensive care, having mechanical ventilation, or dying while in hospital.
The disclaimer for the EAHP COVID-19 Resource Centre can be found here
Last update: 16 July 2021