WHO has published an array of information about COVID-19 on its WEBSITE. Information about the outbreak includes but is not limited to country & technical guidance, advice for the public, situation reports and details on global research efforts.
For healthcare professionals the following was made available:
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 disease is suspected Interim guidance
This document is intended for clinicians involved in the care of adult, pregnant, and paediatric patients with or at risk for severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when infection with the COVID-19 virus is suspected. Considerations for paediatric patients and pregnant women are highlighted throughout the text. The document is not meant to replace clinical judgment or specialist consultation but rather to strengthen clinical management of these patients and to provide up-to-date guidance. Best practices for infection prevention and control, triage and optimized supportive care are included.
- Guidance on how to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Interim Guidance - Water, sanitation, hygiene, and waste management for the COVID-19 virus
- Rights, roles and responsibilities of health workers, including key considerations for occupational safety and health
- Scientific Brief - The use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in patients with COVID-19
- Clinical management of COVID-19
This guidance document is intended for front-line clinicians and promotes a multi-disciplinary approach to care for patients with COVID-19, including those with mild, moderate, severe, and critical disease.
- WASH FIT Training Package (Revised 2020) – Implementing WASH in HCF in the context of COVID-19
- Emergency Global Supply Chain System (COVID-19) catalogue
The following catalogue lists all medical devices, including personal protective equipment, medical equipment, medical consumables, single use devices, laboratory and test-related devices that may be requested through the COVID-19 Supply Portal.
- Antigen-detection in the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection using rapid immunoassays
This document seeks to provide guidance to countries on considerations for integration into COVID-19 outbreak management programs.
- PMNCH compendium of COVID-19 related partner resources on women's, children's and adolescents' health
The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH) published a compendium of COVID-19 related partner resources on women's, children's and adolescents' health.
- Corticosteroids for COVID-19
Guideline for clinicians, and healthcare decision-makers on the use of corticosteroids in the treatment of patients with COVID-19.
- Rational use of personal protective equipment for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and considerations during severe shortage
This document summarizes WHO recommendations for the rational use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in health care settings and temporary strategies during acute supply shortages.
The disclaimer for the EAHP COVID-19 Resource Centre can be found here