- Resource Hub
Alzheimer Europe has put together a range of valuable online resources with helpful information, tips and guidelines.
American Association for the Study of Leaver Diseases
- Clinical insights for hepatology and liver transplant providers during the COVID-19 pandemic
The document put together by ASSLD provides insights on the effects of SARS-CoV-2 on the liver and evaluation of COVID-19 patients with elevated liver biochemistries.
American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN)
- Resources on enteral nutrition
ASPEN has made available general information on enteral nutrition.
- Resources on parenteral nutrition
ASPEN has made available general information on parenteral nutrition.
- Nutrition Therapy in the Patient with COVID-19 Disease Requiring ICU Care
The nutrition therapy guidance was updated by ASPEN on 1 April.
American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- Field guide to reduce medication burden during COVID-19
This guideline provides practical recommendations for making decisions about deprescribing unnecessary medications during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Medication Management Strategies
The document shares recommendations on the use of medications for COVID-19.
American Society of Health-System Pharmacist (ASHP)
- Assessment of Evidence for COVID-19-Related Treatments
The information contained in this evidence table is emerging and rapidly evolving because of ongoing research and is subject to the professional judgment and interpre- tation of the practitioner due to the uniqueness of each medical facility’s approach to the care of patients with COVID-19 and the needs of individual patients. Selected entries were updated on 1 October 2020.
- Interactive Handbook on Injectable Drugs
ASHP has put together a multiple drug compatibility search feature which is designed to facilitate searching for compatibility information on a number of two-drug or drug-solution combination at one time. The handbook can be accessed for free through 15 May.
American Thoracic Society
- COVID‐19: Interim Guidance on Management Pending Empirical Evidence. From an American Thoracic Society‐led International Task Force
The guidance document shares suggestions of a task force based on direct and indirect evidence and clinical experience.
Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC)
- COVID-19 FAQ's in Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology – AEPC position paper
The aim of this paper is to present the AEPC position on frequently asked questions based on the most recent scientific data.
Association of Anesthetists
- COVID-19 potential anaesthetic drug list
The Association of Anaesthetists and the Royal College of Anaesthetists have produced guidance which summarises potential miti-gations to be used in the management of such demand.
- Anaesthesia and critical care: guidance for Clinical Directors on preparations for a possible second surge in COVID-19
Guidance for clinical directors in anaesthesia and critical care on preparations for a possible second surge in COVID-19.
- Clinician tips for COVID-19
The data collected by the Association of Anesthetists provides advice from healthcare workers, for healthcare workers.
Association of British Neurologists
- ABN Guidance on the use of disease-modifying therapies in multiple sclerosis in response to the threat of a coronavirus epidemic
ABN has issued guidance for people with MS who are taking or about to start one of the disease modifying drugs.
Austrian Society of Pneumology (ÖGP)
- ÖGP statement on the management of acute SARS-CoV-2 infections and the management of chronic lung diseases during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic | Stellungnahme der ÖGP zum Management von akuten SARS-CoV-2 Infektionen und zum Management von chronischen Lungenerkrankungen während der SARS-CoV-2 Pandemie
The ÖGP has put together information on the management of COVID-19 infections and of chronic lung diseases during the pandemic.
- UPDATE SARS-CoV-2 treatment recommendations for intensive care medicine | UPDATE SARS-CoV-2 Behandlungsempfehlungen für die Intensivmedizin
This guideline supports the handling of COVID-19 patients in intensive care medicine with evidence-based recommendations to ensure maximum safety for patients and the medical care teams.
Belgian Pharmaceutical Association (APB)
- Analysis of interactions with chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine | Analyse d'interactions avec la chloroquine et l'hydroxychloroquine
The Association has analysed the information available in the literature on recently published interactions with chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Hospital treatments | Coronavirus (COVID-19): Traitements hospitaliers
The APB has summarized the treatments that have been used to fight against COVID-19.
Belgian Society of Intensive Care Medicine
- Guidelines for intensive care patients with COVID-19 | Richtlijnen voor COVID-19 patiënten op intensieve zorgen
The guideline provides information to healthcare professionals on the treatment of patients that have contracted the coronavirus and require intensive care.
British Association of Dermatology (BAD)
- Advice for Dermatology HCPs during Covid-19 pandemic
BAD has put together information for dermatology healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dermatology Advice Regarding Self-Isolation and Immunosuppressed Patients: Adults, Paediatrics and Young People
The BAD has drafted some recommendations concerning high-risk and immunosupressed patients with COVID-19.
- COVID-19 – Isotretinoin guidance
The document provides advice on the management of patients on isotretinoin during the coronavirus pandemic.
- COVID-19 – Omalizumab guidance
The document provides advice on the management of urticaria patients on omalizumab during the coronavirus pandemic.
British Congenital Cardiac Association (BCCA)
- COVID-19 (Corona Virus): Vulnerable groups with congenital heart disease
BCCA has put together a COVID-19 guidance for vulnerable groups with congenital heart disease
British Geriatrics Society (BGS)
- Coronavirus: Managing delirium in confirmed and suspected cases
This guidance provides expert recommendations in managing patients with delirium testing positive with COVID-19.
British HIV Association (BHIVA)
- Initiation of antiretroviral treatment (ART) during the coronavirus pandemic
BHIVA has released guidance for the management of adults with HIV on antiretroviral treatment (ART) during the coronavirus pandemic.
British Society for Immunology
- The ageing immune system and COVID-19
The report outlines five research recommendations to help increase our knowledge of the role played by the ageing immune system in the body's response to COVID-19.
British Society of Gastroenterology (BSG)
- COVID-19 Guidance & Advice Documents
The BSG has put together information material and guidance on COVID-19.
- BSG Best Practice Document: Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) Surveillance during the COVID-19 Pandemic
BSG has put together best practices for patient selection for surveillance.
British Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Position Statement: Management of PIBD during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic
The statements shares specific guidance on how to manage children and adolescents with inflammatory bowl disease (IBD) during the current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
British Thoracic Society (BTS)
- BTS Guidance on Venous Thromboembolic Disease in patients with COVID-19
This document summarises published data regarding the risks of venous thromboembolism (VTE) in patients with COVID-19, and discusses clinical issues regarding prevention, diagnosis and management of VTE.
- SPACES (Sharing Patient Assessments Cuts Exposure for Staff)
The document is a standarised approach to the management of ward care that aims to help keep staff safe and reduce PPE use.
Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Suggested Best Practices for Pharmacies During the COVID-19 Pandemic
CPhA has developed suggested best practices on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for pharmacy staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Daily COVID-19 information for pharmacists
Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- COVID-19: What Pharmacists Know Now
The webinar series shares information on hospital pharmacists' knowledge linked to different aspects that healthcare professionals can encounter in their hospitals.
Canadian Society of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Guidance for Health Care Workers Performing Aerosol Generating Medical Procedures during COVID-19 Pandemic
These recommendations serve as guidance and need to be interpreted based on local factors.
Chinese Pharmaceutical Association
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak prevention and control: Guidance and management strategies for pharmacists and the pharmacy workforce
- Expert consensus to guide the prevention and control of the COVID-19 epidemic for retail pharmacy staff
- !NEW! Expert Consensus on Guidance and Prevention Strategies for Hospital Pharmacists and the Pharmacy Workforce
This guideline aims to provide pharmacists and pharmacy workforce with relevant information and specific work guidance on prevention and control of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak.
China Law Translate
- Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia Diagnosis and Treatment Plan (Provisional 7th Edition) | An unofficial translation of the Chinese guidelines
The content outlines the Chinese guidelines for COVID-19 including pathogenic and epidemiological characteristics, pathological changes and clinical characteristics. The webpage also includes the diagnostic criteria and the clinical classifications for the mild form, regular form, severe form and critical form in adults and children and the clinical warning signs. Furthermore, the guideline includes recommendations for treatment and the criteria for discharge and discharge notes as well as infection control.
Dutch Association of Hospital Pharmacists (NVZA)
- Preparation of disinfectant for hand hygiene
Paul Le Brun and Kirsten Schimmel, two Dutch hospital pharmacists, have put together information on the preparation of disinfectant for hand hygiene. The formulation was defined by the Dutch Laboratory of Pharmacists and has been translated into English.
- !ONLY FOR NVZA MEMBERS! COVID-19 resources
NVZA has put together COVID-19 related information for its members. The information can be accessed by members through NVZA Connect.
- National Medicines Coordination Center Newsroom
The latest COVID-19 news is shared by the National Medicines Coordination Center which is supported by NVZA.
Dutch Federation of Medical Specialists
- COVID-19: guidelines, manuals and guidance |COVID-19: Richtlijnen, handreikingen, leidraden
The Dutch Federation of Medicinal Specialists has put together an overview of guidelines and other documents for medical specialists to be used in the fight against the COVID-19 epidemic. These documents are divided into different categories. Hospital pharmacists were involved in their preparation.
ENT UK (Ear, Nose and Throat surgery)
- COVID-19 Adult Tonsillitis & Quinsy Guidelines
The professional membership body representing Ear, Nose and Throat surgery in the UK has put forward guidelines for adult tonsillitis and quinsy.
- Guidance for undertaking otological procedures during COVID-19 pandemic
ENT UK's document provides guidance for clinicians involved in the care of patients with otological disease during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Management of New Onset Anosmia in the COVID Pandemic: BRS Consensus Guidelines
The document shares recommendations for the management of new onset anosmia during the COVID-19 pandemic.
European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV)
- EADV Task Force Recommendations
EADV provided experts recommendations related to different fields of dermatology and venereology, which serve as resources for dermatologists and their patients during the COVID-19 episode.
European Association for the Study of the Liver
- Care of patients with liver disease during the COVID-19 pandemic: EASL-ESCMID Position Paper
The position paper of EASL and the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) shares information for patient cohorts with an increased risk of infection and/or a severe course of COVID-19, such as patients with advanced liver disease and those after liver transplantation represent vulnerable.
European Cystic Fibrosis Society
- COVID-CF project in Europe
CF patient registries throughout Europe have collected data about people with CF who become infected with SARS-Cov-2, causing the illness COVID-19.
European Hematology Association (EHA)
- COVID-19 Recommendations
EHA has made available recommendations for hematologists in COVID-19 crisis.
European Pain Federation (EFIC)
- COVID-19 resources
The EFIC COVID-19 Task Force has put together recent research on COVID-19 with regards to pain treatment of patients.
European Psychiatric Association
- Management of Psychiatric Patients with Suspected COVID-19
EUROSPY has put together information on the management of psychiatric patients that have been infected with the coronavirus.
European Renal Association – European Dialysis and Transplant Association
- Management of patients on dialysis and with kidney transplant during COVID-19 coronavirus infection
The article collects detailed clinical and laboratory data from patients with the aim of sharing the clinical and outcome characteristics of the disease in nephropathic patients with the nephrology community.
European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- COVID-19 - Bone Marrow Failure and Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH): Recommendations On behalf of the Severe Aplastic Anemia Working Party, European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT)
EMBT's recommendations contain considerations for physicians treating patients with acquired and inherited Bone Marrow Failure syndromes, including Aplastic Anemia and Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH) during the coronavirus pandemic.
European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Cancer patient management during the COVID-19 pandemic
ESMO has made available different resources to assist clinicians with the management of cancer patients.
European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Position Statement of the ESC Council on Hypertension on ACE-Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
The statement declares that recent rumours in the media and on social media that ACE-I or ARB medications might increase the risk of a severe form of COVID-19 is not based on sound scientific basis. And that some studies (done on animals) suggest that such medications might have protective capabilities against lung complications in patients with COVID-19. The Council on Hypertension strongly recommends that patients continue their usual anti-hypertensive therapy.
- Chloroquine and cardiovascular side effects
ESC has put together information due to the increased interest in the use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine in the context of COVID-19 which is currently under evaluation in trials. There are potential cardiovascular side effects associated with the use of these medications.
- ESC Guidance for the Diagnosis and Management of CV Disease during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The guidance document contains information on epidemiology, strategies for diagnosing, protective measures for healthcare personnel and treatment pathways.
European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM)
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: Guidelines on the Management of Critically Ill Adults with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
ESICM has made available an un-edited accepted proof providing rapid guidelines on the management of critically ill adults that have contracted the coronavirus.
Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists
- "#necessary: Together against Corona"| "#unverzichtbar: Gemeinsam gegen Corona"
Federal Union of German Associations of Pharmacists launched a campaign that contains links to information, guidance and resources on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic for pharmacists.
French-Language Society of Pneumology (SPLF)
- Procedure for the pulmonary management of non-ICU patients hospitalized in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
SPLF has develop guidance for the pulmonary management of patients in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Position of the Asthma and Allergy Working Group (G2A) of the SPLF on the management of asthma patients during the COVID-19 epidemic
SPLF's position touches on background treatment, initiation of biotherapies, treatment of exacerbations and prevention.
French Resuscitation Society (SRLF)
- Expert recommendations for the resuscitative management of patients during an outbreak of CoV2-CoVRSA | Recommandations d'experts portant sur la prise en charge en réanimation des patients en période d'épidémie à SARS-CoV2
SRLF has made available recommendations for the resuscitative management of patients. Page 11 of the document lists specific treatment options for COVID-19, including recommendations for Remdesivir, Lopinavir/ritonavir; Chloroquine, Anticorps monoclonaux and Umifenovir. Molecules under evaluation include: Favipiravir, Nitazoxanide, Niclosamide, Prulifloxacin, Bictegravir, Nelfinavir, Tegobuvi and Atazanavir.
French Society of Anaesthesia & Intensive Care Medicine (SFAR)
- Anticoagulant treatment for the prevention of the thrombotic risk in a hospitalised patient with COVID-19 and monitoring of the haemostasis proposals of the IGPH and the FGHT | Traitement anticoagulant pour la prevention du risque thrombotique chez un patient hospitalise avec COVID-19 et surveillance de l'hemostase propositions du GIHP et du GFHT
The information contains a proposals on the prevention of thromboembolic disease and the methods of biological monitoring of haemostasis in hospitalised patients with COVID-19.
- Prevention of medication errors in anesthesia and resuscitation - Educational kit | Prévention des erreurs médicamenteuses en anesthésie et en réanimation – Kit pédagogique
SFAR and the SFPC have developed joint recommendations for the prevention of medication errors in anesthesia and resuscitation in times of acute health crisis, based on initial feedback from the COVID-19 period.
- COVID-19 Hub | Informations générales sur COVID-19
SFARs COVID-19 hub contains the latest information for practitioners.
French Society of Clinical Pharmacy (SFPC)
- Useful Resources to Fight COVID-19 | Documents utiles à la prise en charge du COVID-19
The French Society of Clinical Pharmacy (SFPC) has made available information linked to the good use of medicines and therapeutic care in their resource centre. The information is only available in French.
French Society of Oncological Pharmacy (Société Francaise de Pharmacie Oncologique-SFPO)
- SFPO Recommendations. Adaptation of Oncological Pharmacy activities during a COVID-19 pandemic | Recommandations S.F.P.O. Adaptation des activités de Pharmacie Oncologique en période de pandémie COVID-19
These recommendations seek to adapt oncology pharmacy activities to ensure safe oncology care and to limit the risk of transmission of CoV-2-SARS for cancer patients. An English translation of the recommendations was published as an article in the Journal of Clinical Oncology Practice.
French Society of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Q&A | Questions & Réponses
Regularly updated question and answers on drug interactions.
- Recommendations for Pharmacological Therapeutic Monitoring of lopinavir/r and hydroxychloroquine in patients treated for SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19) | Recommandations pour le Suivi Thérapeutique Pharmacologique du lopinavir/r et de l'hydroxychloroquine chez les patients traités pour une infection à SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
Discussion on the methods of monitoring and pharmacological management of patients infected with SARS-CoV-2 treated with lopinavir/ritonavir and/or hydroxychloroquine outside the clinical research protocol.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and COVID-19 infection | Anti-inflammatoires non-stéroïdiens et infection COVID-19
The objective of this synthesis is to take stock of the current state of knowledge justifying to avoid taking an NSAID for symptoms suggestive of a COVID-19 infection.
Geneva University Hospitals
- Chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine and COVID-19: Pharmacological evaluation | Chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine et COVID-19 : Évaluation pharmacologique
The document contains a review of the evidence for the clinical efficacy and safety of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine in patients with COVID-19.
German Association of Hospital Pharmacists (ADKA)
- !ONLY FOR ADKA MEMBERS! COVID-19 resources
ADKA has put together COVID-19 related information for its members. The information can be accessed by members through login into their dedicated account on the ADKA website.
German Society for Palliative Medicine
- Recommendations for treatment of patients with COVID-19 from the palliative care perspective
The guidelines have been put together by the German Society for Palliative Medicine with the support of the German Society for Pneumology and Respiratory Medicine.
Group of Belgian professional medical specialist
- Recommendations for the treatment of children with COVID-19 Belgian Pediatric Covid-19 Task Force (Adaptation of the original KULeuven protocol) | Recommandations pour le traitement des enfants atteints de COVID-19 Belgian Pediatric Covid-19 Task Force (Adaptation du protocole original de la KULeuven)
The group of Belgian professional medical specialist has put together information on the treatment of children affected with the coronavirus.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources For Pharmacists
IDstewardship.com has created a webpage to provide insights and resources for pharmacists to help them manage the COVID-19 pandemic. The webpage lists general resources, treatment guidelines, including information on Remdesivir, Lopinavir/ritonavir (Kaletra, LPV/r), Chloroquine, Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and Tocilizumab (Actemra).
- COVID-19 Lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r), hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and remdesivir (RDV): main interactions | COVID‐19 Lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/r), hidroxicloroquina (HCQ) y remdesivir (RDV): principales interacciones
The Hospital Clínic de Barcelona has made available a table summarizing the most relevant interactions with current recommended treatments for COVID-19 and other common drugs COVID-19 Lopinavir / ritonavir (LPV/r) and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), including main contraindicated or not recommended associations and data with other commonly used drugs.
International Society of Nephrology
- COVID-19 resources
The International Society of Nephrology has put together a wide range of information to provide the global kidney health community with the latest COVID-19 knowledge.
International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR) / British Pharmacological Society (BPS)
- Guide to pharmacology
The Guide to Pharmacology (GtoPdb) curation team has gathered information from various sources to cover as many of the pharmacological strategies currently being considered. The information on this page is curated and updated by the GtoPdb curation team at the University of Edinburgh.
Italian Hospital Pharmacists
- COVID-19 Bulletin UMPC in Italy of 12 March 2020 | COVID-19 Bulletin UMPC in Italy 12 marzo 2020
The UPMC bulletin contains links to official information sources and details on how UPMC Italy is managing the situation.
- COVID-19 treatment guideline | COVID-19 linee guida trattamento
The diagram contains information on treatment options for COVID-19 taking also into account the severity index and the different therapies for the pneumonia associated with COVID-19.
- Method of use of Tocilizumab in patients with Covid-19 | Modalità di impiego di Tocilizumab nei pazienti con COVID-19
This guideline recommends that only patients with a high interleukin-6 value should be treated with Tocilizumab. The recommended treatment of cytokine release syndrome by intravenous infusion lasting 60 minutes and is equal to 4-8 mg/kg in patients weighing more than 30kg. Doses above 800mg per infusion are not recommended.
Italian League Against Epilepsy
- Drug-drug interaction table Antivirals (Covid-19) and Antiepileptics | Tabella sulle Interazioni tra Farmaci Antivirali (Covid-19) e Farmaci Antiepilettici
The table puts forward information on clinically relevant drug-drug interaction between AEDs and medications used in the treatment of COVID-19.
Italian Society of Hospital Pharmacy (SIFO)
- Operating instruction for the preparation of master preparations based on antiretrovirals to be administered to patients who are unable to swallow solid whole forms | Istruzione Operativa per l'allestimento di preparati magistrali a base di antiretrovirali da somministrare a pazienti non in grado di deglutire forme solide intere
SIFO and the Italian Society of Pharmacists Responsible for Preparing Medicines (SIFAP) have put together information on pharmacy preparations. In anticipation of an increase in the need to administer tablets in different forms to patients and the lack of pharmaceuticals suitable for the administration by tube both healthcare professional organisations have shared information on this subject based on available literature.
- National SIFO Network – COVID-19 emergency | Rete nazionale SIFO - Emergenza COVID-19
The Italian Society of Hospital Pharmacy has made available resources for its members to help them address the COVID-19 pandemic. The information is only available in Italian.
- Operating instruction SIFO - SIFAP for the preparation of Darunavir + Cobicistat suspensions | Istruzione operativa SIFO - SIFAP per l'allestimento di sospensioni Darunavir + Cobicistat
The document put together by the Italian Society of Hospital Pharmacy (SIFO) and the Italian Society of Pharmacists Responsible for Preparing Medicines (SIFAP) contains information on the preparation of Darunavir and Cobicistat suspensions.
- Operational Instruction for the preparation of magistral preparations based on hydroxycholorquine | Istruzione Operativa per l'allestimento di preparati magistrali a base di IDROSSIclorochina
SIFO and SIFAP have published operating instructions for the preparation of magisterial preparations based on hydroxychloroquine to be administered to patients in the experimental treatment of COVID-19
- Coronavirus emergency 2019 - verification of conformity of personal protective equipment | Emergenza coronavirus 2019 - verifica della conformità dei dispositivi di protezione individuale
The document focuses on the criteria for choosing personal protective equipment suitable for protection from biological agents. It provides quick guidance to pharmacists on the evaluation and, therefore, the choice of equipment suitable for the type of work being carried out.
Italian Society of Infectious and Tropical Diseases (SIMIT)
- Guidelines on therapeutic and supportive management for patients with COVID-19 coronavirus infection | Linee guida sulla gestione terapeutica e di supporto per pazienti con infezione da coronavirus COVID-19
The guideline details information on the therapeutic treatment for patients infected by COVID-19 including pharmacologic treatments.
- Guide for the treatment of persons with COVID-19 | Vademecum per la cura delle persone con malattia da COVI-19
The guidance document of SIMIT on treatment options and includes a simplified therapeutic scheme summarising treatment possibility for specific symptoms shown by patients with COVID-19.
- Guide for the care of people with COVID-19 disease | Vademecum per la cura delle persone con malattia da COVID-19
SIMIT has put together a information on the treatment of people with COVID-19.
Italian Society of Pharmacists Responsible for Preparing Medicines (SIFAP)
- SIFAP Newsletter of 26 February 2020 | SIFAP Newsletter 26 Febbraio 2020
The newsletter of SIFAP contains considerations on the preparation of hand disinfectants.
- Overview of information available to support the development of medical countermeasures and interventions against COVID-19
The information document is regularly updated and is based on open-access publications (scientific journals and preprint databases, communications by WHO, health authorities and companies) in English language.
Liverpool Drug Interaction Group of the University of Liverpool, UK
- Prescription resources and interactions of drugs with COVID-19
The Liverpool Drug Interaction Group, in collaboration with the University Hospital of Basel (Switzerland) and the Radboud UMC (Netherlands), has produced various materials in PDF format to aid the use of experimental agents in the treatment of COVID-19. The site is regularly updated.
Michigan Medicine - University of Michigan (USA)
- Inpatient guidance for treatment of COVID-19 in adults and children
The guidelines provide information for the treatment of adult and paediatric patients with COVID-19 infection, who are admitted on an inpatient floor or to the intensive care unit.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- Infectious Disease Management and Considerations in Cancer Patients with Documented or Suspected COVID-19
The guidance covers general infection prevention and policy approaches, COVID-19 testing considerations in cancer patients, and cancer treatment considerations during the pandemic circulation of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
National Health Service (NHS) Specialist Pharmacy Service
- COVID-19 Resources for Pharmacists
The SPS of the NHS makes available and regularly updates information to support pharmacists working across the UK health system during COVID-19.
- Lithium drug monitoring during COVID-19 for stable adult patients
This page gives advice on monitoring and prescribing lithium during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Drug packaging and labelling during COVID-19: poster and screensaver for teams
SPS has issued a checklist to help pharmacists with handling medicines with unfamiliar packing and labeling which have been procured to meet the demand for medicines during the emergency period relating to COVID-19.
- Care Homes: Clinical pharmacy
Care home is a resource hub to support pharmacy teams during COVID-19.
- Dexamethasone and COVID-19
Guidance on the use and administration of dexamethasone.
Northern Health Physicians
- Symptom Management for Adult Patients with COVID-19 Receiving End-of-Life Supportive Care Outside of the ICU
Northern Health Physicians has put together recommendations on end of life treatment options for COVID-19 patients.
Ordre National des Pharmaciens | National Order of Pharmacists
- COVID-19 Resource Centre
The French Order of Pharmacists has put together reference information and communication tools for pharmacists.
Paediatric Intensive Care Society (PICS)
- PICS Guidance on UK availability of paediatric critical care medications during COVID-19 pandemic
The guidance document touches on managing drug shortages in paediatric critical care.
Pharmaceutical Chamber of Serbia
- Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 outbreak: Information and Guidelines for Pharmacists and the Pharmacy | КОРОНА ВИРУС SARS-CoV-2 Информације и привремене смернице за фармацеуте и апотекарску делатност
The Pharmaceutical Chamber of Serbia has put together information and guidelines for pharmacists.
Pisa University Hospital (Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Pisana)
- Operating Instruction: Lopinavir 400 mg/ Ritonavir 100 mg powder for oral suspension
The Clinical Galenic Laboratory of the Pisa University Hospital has put together operating instruction for Lopinavir 400 mg/ Ritonavir 100 mg.
Portuguese Association of Hospital Pharmacists (APFH)
- Hospital pharmacy recommendations | Procedimentos – COVID-19 recomendações
The document shares recommendations on the use of medications for COVID-19.
Portuguese Order of Pharmacists
- Hospital Pharmacy contingency plan during COVID-19 | Plano de Contingência da Farmácia Hospitalar no âmbito da Pandemia COVID-19
The Portuguese Order of Pharmacists published a continency plan for hospital pharmacists due to the current coronavirus pandemic.
- Information for pharmacists about the COVID-19 pandemic | Informações para farmacêuticos sobre a pandemia COVID-19
The Portuguese Order of Pharmacists has put together resources for its members on COVID-19.
- Pharmacists, community and hospital pharmacies and clinical laboratories reacting to COVID-19 – information and contingency plans
This document features all the necessary information to be applied by pharmacies in the training of their teams, regarding technical-scientific and epidemiological information, preventive measures and other elements. The document was created by the Portuguese Order of Pharmacists and the National Association of Pharmacies in Portugal.
Portuguese Pulmonology Society (SPP)
- SPP recommendations for diagnosis and treatment of diffused lung diseases during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic | Recomendações da SPP no diagnóstico e tratamento de doenças difusas do pulmão durante a pandemia por SARS-CoV-2
This is a guidance for clinicians for the diagnostic and therapeutic orientation of diffuse lung diseases during the COVID-19 pandemic. The document is only available in Portuguese.
Primary Care Pharmacy Association (PCPA)
- PCPA COVID-19 hub
Primary Care Pharmacy COVID-19 Hub compiles resources and information relevant to pharmacy professionals.
Royal College of Cardiologist
- Guidelines for follow-up and SACT for melanoma during COVID-19 pandemic
This document identifies some of the strategies that can be taken to minimise the impact on melanoma patients and the healthcare system.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) advice
The Royal College of Cardiologists has put together personal protective equipment advice for oncology departments and teams.
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection and pregnancy
The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists has made available information, including guidance for healthcare professionals on COVID-19 infection in pregnancy, published by the RCOG, Royal College of Midwives, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Public Health England and Health Protection Scotland. The document was updated on 14 October.
- COVID-19 virus infection and pregnancy - Occupational health advice for employers and pregnant women during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, the Intensive Care Society, the Association of Anaesthetists and the Royal College of Anaesthetists have prepared guidance for healthcare professionals who are pregnant, about how best to ensure their health is protected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- COVID-19 - clinical management of children admitted to hospital with suspected COVID-19
This guidance outlines key principles for the clinical management of children admitted to hospital with suspected COVID-19.
- Guidance: Paediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome temporally associated with COVID-19
This document raises awareness and gives management advice to clinicians which has been developed after expert review of the cases.
- COVID-19 - guidance for acute settings
This document provides guidance for paediatric emergency and acute settings, including preparations, good practice tips, infection control, management of suspected cases in ED and as inpatients, plus advice and guidance on critical care scenarios.
- COVID-19 - guidance on clinically extremely vulnerable children and young people
This document provides advice to members on which paediatric patient groups are considered to be clinically extremely vulnerable during the COVID-19 outbreak and at very high risk of severe illness from coming into contact with the virus.
Royal College of Physicians
- Risk assessments for staff a priority to prevent further deaths and COVID specific research needed
The NHS Confederation BME Leadership Network has published a briefing on the impact of COVID-19 on BME communities and health and care staff.
Royal College Of Psychiatrists
- Guidance for clinicians
RCPSYCH has made available several guidance documents for psychiatrists.
Royal Pharmaceutical Society (incl. Pharmaceutical Press)
- Critical Illness - Essential medicines information to support complex decision-making in critical care: This advance release of Critical Illness includes dosage and prescribing guidance for 6 drug monographs considered core for critical care units, that follow dosing outside of standard regimens and are specifically useful for adult COVID-19 patients. Drugs include: Voriconazole, Piperacillin with tazobactam, Ceftriaxone, Fentanyl, Propofol and Gentamicin.
- !NEW! Latest updates, advice and information for pharmacy
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society has made available a resource hub to support pharmacy teams during COVID-19.
- Interim clinical guidance for adults with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in Belgium (Version 6)
Sciensano has published a guideline that summarises the selected investigational drugs to consider for clinical use at this moment in Belgium, with information on in vitro/in vivo efficacy; the current therapeutic recommendations for each category of COVID-19 patients, with indications and precautions; and the treatment protocols that are in use in some other European countries, as obtained at the beginning of March 2020.
Scottish Drug Forum
- Guidance on contingency planning for people who use drugs and COVID-19
This Guidance is to support local areas and services in their contingency planning for COVID-19 in relation to people who use drugs and particularly the provision of opiate substitution treatment and injecting equipment provision.
Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP)
- Resource hub
SIDP has put together different COVID-19 resources.
Society of Surgical Oncology
- SSO has made available a number of different cancer treatment recommendations during the coronavirus pandemic. These include:
Resource for Management Options of Breast Cancer During COVID-19
Resource for Management Options of Colorectal Cancer During COVID-19
Resource for Management Options of Endocrine/Head and Neck Cancer During COVID-19
Resource for Management Options of GI and HPB Cancers During COVID-19
Resource for Management Options of Melanoma During COVID-19
Resource for Management Options of Peritoneal Surface Malignancies During COVID-19
Resource for Management Options of Sarcoma During COVID-19
Spanish Delegation of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Recommendation bulletin for the prevention of medication errors – Special edition Covid-19 | Boletín de recomendaciones para la prevención de errores de medicación – Edición especial COVID-19
The recommendation document contains reminders on the use of oral syringes to administer oral medications, it touches on risks derived from changes in medication presentation and provides information and resources on safe practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Spanish Paediatric Association
- Recommendations for specific treatment in case of respiratory infection by sars-cov2 in pediatric patients with high-risk chronic diseases and in hospitalized patients | Recomendaciones de tratamiento específico en caso de infección respiratoria por sars-cov2 en pacientes pediátricos con enfermedades crónicas de alto riesgo y en pacientes hospitalizados
The document provides specific information for high risk patients including those with immunodeficiencies, heart and chronic lung diseases.
Spanish Society of Cardiology
- Implications of the COVID-19 pandemic on the patient with heart failure, heart transplantation and ventricular assistance | Implicaciones de la pandemia por COVID-19 para el paciente con insuficiencia cardiaca, trasplante cardiaco y asistencia ventricular
The recommendations of the Heart Failure Association and of the Spanish Society of Cardiology address patients with heart failure, heart transplantation and ventricular assistance.
Spanish Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology (SEGG)
- Pharmacological management of psychotic disorders in older people with treatment of COVID19: interactions and therapeutic recommendations | Documento de consenso de ocho sociedades sobre el manejo farmacológico de trastornos psicóticos en personas mayores en tratamiento por COVID-19
Eight reference societies in the approach and follow-up of patients with multiple pathologies and/or with chronic pathologies present the document aimed at summarizing the main interactions that occur between the drugs prescribed for the treatment of psychotic disorders and the drugs that are being using to treat patients with COVID-19.
Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy (SEFH)
- Hospital pharmacy procedures for the management of antiviral treatment in the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 disease (COVID-19)
Given the current situation caused by infection with the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19), the hospital pharmacy is an essential link in the health system. With the final aim of contributing in the best possible way to the management of antiviral treatment, the Spanish Society of Hospital Pharmacy (SEFH) has issued treatment recommendations.
- SUMMARY OF INTERACTIONS: COVID19 drugs + asthma drugs | RESUMEN DE INTERACCIONES: fármacos COVID19 + fármacos asma
The pneumonology working group of SEFH has put together information on the interaction of medicines used for the treatment of COVID-19 patients with asthma medication.
- Recommendations for ophthalmological patient care during the COVID-19 emergency| Recomendaciones para la atención a pacientes oftalmológicos en relación con emergencia COVID-19
The joint statement of SEFH and other Spanish healthcare association touches on the care of ophthalmological patients during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Recommendations on the use of disinfectants and cleaning in the areas of development of medicines against COVID-19 | Recomendaciones sobre el uso de desinfectantes y limpieza en las áreas de elaboración de medicamentos frente al COVID-19
The document contains a compilation of various information from national and international organizations on the recommendations for cleaning and disinfection used for the elimination of COVID-19 and the role of sodium hypochlorite.
Spanish Society for Palliative Care
- Guidelines on the symptomatic control of serious/severe COVID-19 illness and which require palliative care or are near the end of life | Orientaciones sobre el control sintomático de enfermos graves afectados por la enfermedad COVID-19 y que requieran atención paliativa o se encuentren próximos al final de la vida
The guidance document of the Spanish Society for Palliative Care contains information on the treatment of coronavirus patients in palliative care.
Spanish Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis
- Recommendations for thromboprophylaxis and antithrombotic treatment in patients with COVID-19 | Recomendaciones de tromboprofilaxis y tratamiento antitrombótico en pacientes con COVID-19
It is a guidance on the dose and timing of antithrombotic treatment for hospitalised patients with COVID-19, who are at increased risk of venous thromboembolic disease (VTE), especially those admitted to intensive care units (ICUs).
- Practical guidance for the prevention of thrombosis and management of coagulopathy and disseminated intravascular coagulation of patients infected with COVID-19
This is a guidance on how to manage thrombotic risk, coagulopathy, and disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) in patients with COVID-19.
Turkish Pharmacists Association
- COVID-19 Hub
The Turkish Pharmacists Association has put together a COVID-19 hub with relevant information for healthcare professionals.
UK: Clinical Pharmacy Association (UKCPA)
- Rapid guidance: Pharmacy Introduction to Critical Care COVID19
This paper aims to provide a brief understanding of the critical care patient environment and some of the tools needed to provide a basic but solid clinical review.
- COVID-19: What do we know about the treatment options | COVID-19: Wat weten we van de therapeutische opties?
The presentation prepared by hospital pharmacists Emilie Gieling, in collaboration with Prof Dr David Burger from the Radboud UMC details known information about the treatment options of COVID-19. The document is only available in Dutch.
University of Birmingham
- COVID-19 research briefing
Researchers across Birmingham Health Partners are collaborating to produce regular COVID-19 briefings based on the latest literature to support clinical colleagues and disseminate key information.
VASCERN - European Reference Network for rare vascular diseases
- COVID-19 recommendations from VASCERN's Rare Disease Working Groups
The experts from the Rare Disease Working Groups of VASCERN have prepared consensus statements for patients with rare vascular diseases. These statements will be updated as necessary.
Vehbi Koc Foundation Healthcare Group
- COVID-19 experiences
The Vehbi Koc Foundation Healthcare Group has put together its learnings during the COVID-19 pandemic.
World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists
- COVID-19 guidance for anaesthesia and perioperative care providers
The following table is intended as interim guidance for anaesthesia and perioperative care providers, largely derived from recommendations released by the Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine at the University of Toronto.
- Practical guide for the intensive care management of patients with COVID-19
The aim of this article is to provide practical advice on the management of critically ill patients with this disease
The disclaimer for the EAHP COVID-19 Resource Centre can be found here
Last update: 15 January 2021