Links to other useful resources
- ASHP – Resources for pharmacists: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- EU Healthy Gateways Joint Action Preparedness and Action at Points Of Entry (Ports, Airports, Ground Crossings) – COVID-19 guidance
- European Commission - the coronavirus response team
- Frontiers Coronavirus Knowledge Hub
- Guidance on effective hand washing
- Wolters Kluwer – Access to clinical content on COVID-19
- USP Response to Shortages of Garb and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Sterile Compounding During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Publication of the Kenniscentrum Bipolaire Stoornissen - Lithium and Coronavirus (COVID 19)
- Canada: Government of British Columbia (B.C.) - Switching from warfarin to a direct acting oral anticoagulant (DOAC): A practical guide for B.C. primary care clinicians
- University of Maryland – School of Pharmacy - Optimizing Medication Management During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Implementation Guide For Post-Acute And Long-Term Care
- Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR) - Considerations for AMR in the COVID-19 pandemic
- UK Collaborative on Development Research (UKCDR) - COVID-19 Research Project Tracker by UKCDR & GloPID-R
- U.S. National Library of Medicine - COVID-19 Studies from the World Health Organization Database
- COVID-19 UK Consortium on Genomics
- Vaccine Centre at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine - COVID-19 vaccine development pipeline
- Oncology Medical Group of Australia - Practical considerations for the management of cancer patients during the COVID19 pandemic
- EPPI Centre - COVID-19: a living systematic map of the evidence
- CAPACITY - Registry of patients with COVID-19 including cardiovascular risk and complication
- ELIXIR – ELIXIR services to support COVID-19 research
- MEDBOX - Rapid Response Toolbox
- Institut Pasteur - COVID-19 information Hub
- Inato – Anticovid open access platform
- World Economic Forum – Why we should expand hospital-at-home during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Pro-Sharp: Research and Innovation Centre – Mapping COVID-19 research in context
- National Institute for Health Research (United Kingdom)- Urgent Public Health Research Studies for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset
- Emory Medicine COVID-19 Risk Calculator
- Pharmaceutisch Weekblad - Week covid-zorg in ziekenhuisapotheken van rotterdam-zuid | Hospital pharmacist and doctor in specialist training in hospital pharmacy kept a diary: Week of COVID care in hospital pharmacies of Rotterdam-Zuid
- Management of coexisting conditions in the context of COVID-19
- BMJ Best Practice - Treatment algorithm
- The Global COVID-Diab Registry, new-onset diabetes, and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Outbreak Science Rapid PREreview
- Prospero - fast-tracking registration of protocols related to COVID-19
- PsoProtect - Global registry-based study reveals biologics use is associated with lower risk of COVID-19-related hospitalizations
- Zhejiang University School of Medicine - Handbook of COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment
- NIH - LitCovid Curated Literature Hub on COVID-19
- COVID-19: COGER Study - collecting data to gain insight into the course of functional and medical recovery in older people affected by COVID-19
- MindEd - Coronavirus Staff Resilience Hub
- PAGER-CoV: a web-based database of coronavirus-related functional genomic study results
- Swiss Medical Weekly: COVID-19 published articles
- Health Education England (HEE): Coronavirus: learning for the Health and Care Workforce
- Post-COVID HUB by Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation
- PAN-COVID: Pregnancy and Neonatal Registry
- PeriCOVID study
- The new European COVID-19 Forecast Hub
- !NEW! BMJ - Online objective structured clinical examination overview
Scientific Posters & Abstracts
- The impact of COVID-19 epidemic on HIV care in Croatia
The study aims to quantify the impact of COVID-19 epidemic on HIV care at the University Hospital for Infectious Diseases. The abstract can be viewed in the Journal of the International AIDS Society.
- How has the COVID-19 response changed medicine deliveries for people living with or at risk of HIV?
Given the emergency sanitary measures, a question was included on how medicines were accessed by people living with HIV safely and easily, to document medicines delivery practices in different locations. The abstract can be viewed in the Journal of the International AIDS Society.
- Implementation of virtual surgery advance pharmacy practice experience APPE rotation: Creative solution to combat COVID-19 ramification on pharmacy education
The study aims to familiarize pharmacy students with the key principles used in
hospital to provide pharmaceutical care in peri-operative patients. The abstract can be viewed in the Journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (JACCP).
- Going Digital Due to COVID 19 Crisis: A Rapid Reorganisation of Medication Clinics
The abstract was published as part of the ACR Convergence 2020.
- A Rheumatology-Driven Protocol and Treatment Algorithm of SARSCoV-2 Cytokine Release Syndrome and Its Associated Outcomes
The abstract was published as part of the ACR Convergence 2020.
- !NEW! International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy: Abstract 12th PCNE Working Conference 2021 - Tensions on immunoglobulin supply and COVID 19. What impact on the hospital's outpatient pharmacy activity?
The aim of the study was to review prescriptions in order to rationalize the dispensation of SC Ig in the hospital outpatient pharmacy sector, to achieve a saving of medication and ultimately to allow treatments of all patients
- !NEW! International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy: Abstract 12th PCNE Working Conference 2021 - Development of an organizational model for the preparation of the MRNA BNT162B2 vaccine: a single center experience of an Italian Hospital Pharmacy
Description of how the Hospital's Health Management Unit decided to build, as quick response to the vaccination campaign, an organizational model (OM) in order to guarantee the quality of the drug to be administered, the safety of the population and health professionals of the hospital.
In late March 2021, EAHP held its 25th Congress, bringing together hospital pharmacists from across the world. Many abstracts and poster presentations focused this year on the COVID-19 pandemic. A selection of the submissions is can be found below.
- Interest and implementation of rapid daratumumab infusion during the health crisis
The aim of this study was to evaluate infusion related reactions associated with rapid injection of daratumumab in a real life population.
- Assistance pressure in oncohaematological dispensation area during the COVID pandemic
Analysis of the evolution of the care activity provided to oncohaematological patients with hospital dispensation of oral chemotherapy in the pharmacy service during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
- Telepharmacy during SARS-CoV-2
Analysis of shipments and evaluation of the degree of patient satisfaction of the hospital pharmacy services during SARS-CoV-2.
- COVID-19 treatment: A follow-up of inpatients during the second wave of the pandemic
Evaluates the treatment of COVID-19 inpatients during the second wave.
- Parenteral nutrition management in coronavirus critical patients: case report
Descriptive study of all patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection admitted to the ICU and resuscitation unit with invasive mechanical ventilation and central parenteral nutritional.
- Pharmaceutical interventions in hospitalised patients during the first wave of the SARSCoV-2 pandemic
Evaluation of the pharmaceutical interventions carried out in a second level hospital during the pandemic and their comparison with interventions carried out in the same period of the previous year.
- The hospital pharmacy in the creation of clean circuits in the face of COVID-19
Description of the organisational changes in the pharmacy service of a SARS-CoV-2 'clean' hospital and measurement of their impact.
- Multiple sclerosis outpatient pharmaceutical care by an implanted telepharmacy tool during SARS-CoV-2 pandemic
Description of the telepharmacy system implemented in a teaching hospital for multiple sclerosis outpatients, based on telephone consultations and home delivery medication.
- Early impact of COVID on the activity of a clinical research oncology pharmacy unit at a tertiary care hospital
Analysis of the activity in a clinical research oncology pharmacy unit during the COVID-19 period.
- Off-label drugs: Use analysis and pharmacoepidemiology in a COVID centre in Rome
Analysis of the supply process of off-label drugs and reference to the national legislation for each medicinal product, regarding consumption data and the number of COVID-19 patients.
- Centralised propofol reconditioning procedure during COVID-19
Description of the centralisation in the hospital pharmacy service of the reconditioning of propofol in bags to optimise its administration in the ICU during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Make or buy: Pharmacoeconomic evaluation of gargle solutions used for SARS-CoV-2 sample collection
The aim of this study was to compare the cost of products, which can be used as gargling solutions for SARS-CoV-2 sample collection.
- Organisational challenges of the pharmacy service as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic
Description of the actions taken by the pharmacy service and their likely repercussions for the future.
- Fully automated central intravenous additive service (CIVAS): A 12 month analysis of performances and impact of COVID-19 on sterile antibiotic production
Analysis of the performance of CIVAS over the past year and evaluation of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the increasing demands for sterile antibiotics by emergency departments.
- Home management of acute multiple sclerosis outbreak: Adaptation to coronavirus pandemic
Evaluation of the oral prednisone effectiveness as a treatment for acute multiple sclerosis outbreaks.
Share your research
- Submit your study - COVID-NMA initiative
A number of institutions, including but not limited to Cochrane France, Cochrane Ireland, the University of Paris and the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine Odense, have initiated a project collecting data of all randomized controlled trials identified for COVID-19. Submit your study via the link below:
- Contribute to better understanding the coronavirus
This new registry collects clinical data of patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection to provide scientists and doctors with reliable clinical data to enable them to answer numerous urgent questions.
- Make intellectual property available free of charge
The Open COVID Pledge calls on organizations around the world to make their patents and copyrights freely available in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join an international initiative
- Egyptian Foundation of Clinical Pharmacy (EFCP) – COVID-19 campaign
Join the COVID-19 national campaign of EFCP to support efforts towards combatting the spread of the virus and to raise awareness.
The disclaimer for the EAHP COVID-19 Resource Centre can be found here